It is now more than two months since I have had my laser eye surgery, thanks to Optical Express. I am finally at the point that I am not pushing up imaginary specs on the bridge of my nose every four minutes and I am really thankful that I was given this wonderful opportunity. So I have decided to do a small things so you can see the joy too.
- Waking up and being able to see the small face snuggled next to me clearly.
- Being able to look at the alarm clock and read the time without putting on my glasses.
- Being able to see in the shower.
- BEING ABLE TO SEE MY BOYS WHEN WE GO SWIMMING,
- No glasses to steam up when I come out of the cold in to the warm.
- Not wishing that my glasses had windscreen wipers in the rain
- Being able to see my eyes more clearly and therefore, the bags underneath them.
- The joy of trying to find sunglasses in the winter and those sunglasses not having to be special prescription ones.
- Knowing that I will not have to wear bifocals or varifocals
- My glasses not steaming up when I open the oven door
- Not having to remove my glasses at the hairdressers, which means I can see my hair being cut
- Being able to straighten my hair without having to remove my specs and being able to see myself in the mirror and therefore, not burning my ear all the time.
- Being able to go on roller coasters without worrying I will lose my glasses.
- Not falling asleep in specs and waking up with them bent as I have been laid on them.
- No more costs associated with new glasses each year and the horror of finding frames that suit me.
- Did I say that swimming is fun again……
So would I do it again? Yes I would. I am still having a few issues with dry eyes and night time halos round lights when driving, but that is getting better and better each week.