We have laminate floors everywhere downstairs and one of my pet hates is cleaning them. Well it has become a pet hate since I slipped on a just mopped floor and broke my shoulder!
So I was delighted when I was offered the opportunity to review a steam mop by Black and Decker. We have had hard floors for the last 10 years and I have grown to love them. They are practical, especially as I have two very active boys. But I just wasn’t sure that a steam mop with no cleaner could keep up with them and actually ensure that my floor was clean.
So we have put the Black and Decker Delta Head Steam Mop to the test. The version that we have reviewed costs £120 and comes with four washable pads. Two large ones and two delta ones for getting int o the corners.
What I liked:
- The floor is dry within 15 seconds. No slipping on wet floors and fearing broken bones ever again. This also means that I can use it when the boys are around without shouting at them not to step on the wet floor
- No chemicals are needed. I love the fact that the floors are clean and that bacteria is killed without bringing chemicals in to the house
- There is no additional costs. No paying for replaceable heads or chemicals, which means that although you have a large initial outlay, the cost per use is really reasonable
- It heats up ready for use in just 15 seconds
- It is easy to store and I do not have to lug a bucket of water round the house, even less worry about spillages
- The additional steam burst function works really well and is very effective on stubborn marks
- I can use this on both my laminate floors and lino floors as I can select the right flooring type with the Autoselect® digital handle
- It is so easy to use that even the boys can use it!
- The unique and innovative design of the delta lift off head means that with a quick push of the foot peddle I can use the triangular cleaning head to get in to all the corners, this is especially effective in the kitchen
- It leaves the floors clean and streak free with minimal effort on my part
I have to say that other than having to plug in the mop, I haven’t found anything that we do not like. I am kicking myself for not getting on the steam mop bandwagon earlier. It is a great addition to The Mad House and I no longer live in fear of anyone slipping on a just mopped floor!
The official blurb:
The Black & Decker® steam-mop™ with Autoselect® digital handle commands and steam burst technology easily gets rid of tough to move marks and germs with minimal effort, ensuring that your floors are sparkling clean. Ready to use in 15 seconds and it will run for 25 minutes on a single tank.
With Autoselect® digital handle command technology, simply push the button to select the specific floor type -hardwood/laminate, tile/ vinyl, or stone/marble – and the mop automatically releases the right amount of steam. Autoselect® helps to assure thorough yet delicate cleaning on all sealed hard floors and is even safe on sealed hardwoods. The addition of steam burst mode removes even the most stubborn dirt – it releases 50% more for steam in a concentrated 5 second burst when you need that extra cleaning power, you don’t get from ordinary steam mops. With the unique and innovative design of the delta lift off head you can, with a quick push of the foot peddle, use the triangular cleaning head to get in to all the corners of your home.
- Kills 99% of bacteria and germs – no chemicals required.
- Quick dry and streak free, it takes less time and work than a mop and bucket.
- Swivel head for ease of use around furniture and awkward areas.
- Self standing for convenience with auto shut off when locked in the upright position.
- 1600 watts.
- 6m power cord.
- 0.5 litre water tank capacity.
- Ready to use in 15 seconds.
- Steam ready indicator.
- Steaming time 25 mins per tank.
- Machine washable pads.
- Suitable for all floor types.
- Accessories included.
- Weight 3.07kg.
I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network, a group of parent bloggers picked by Mumsnet to review products, services, events and brands. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.