We have a thing for Pom Poms and have made lots of things with them preciously including pom pom bunting. However, with Easter on the way we decided to try our hand at Pom Pom Bunnies and Pom Pom Chicks. It was also the ideal opportunity to let Maxi lose with the glue gun.
- Pom Pom Maker
- Felt – yellow for the chicks, pink and white for the bunnies
- Glue – we used the glue gun, but also fabric glue
- Small beads for eyes
Method – Bunnies
- Make two pom poms using white wool. One smaller than the other. We used a clover pom pom maker.
- In white felt cut out a small heart for the bunnies feet and two ear shapes for each ear.
- In pink felt cut out a smaller Inner ear and also a tiny triangle for the bunny’s nose
- Using a glue gun, stick the smaller pom pom on top of the large one
- Using fabric glue stick the pink inner ear on to the white ears and allow to dry
- Using fabric glue stick the eyes and nose on to the smaller pom pom and then the ears to the rear of the pom pom.
- The stick the heart to the bottom of the bunny with the pint facing the rear.
There is a super tutorial at maedchenmitherz.
Method – Chicks
- Make a largeish pom pom in yellow wool for the chick’s body
- In yellow felt cut out two shapes for the chicks wings and one for the chicks tail feathers. Also cut a small triangle for the chicks beak - in future ones I will make this orange to stand out more.
- Stick the wings and tail to the pom pom using a glue gun.
- Stick the eyes and beak on using fabric glue
We have also been making pom pom bunny bunting over on A Thrifty Mum.