We have been making strides in improving Mini’s behaviour with help and advice from Franki. It is really hard to see clearly when you are in the midst of horrible behaviour. But she has really given us the ability to clarify what we need to do and support when things are not on track.
So what are we doing?
- Firstly we have set realistic expectations with Mini. He has a reward chart with what is expected of him on and we also included Maxi on it so he didn’t feel singled out.
- We are making the actions achievable
- We are working together as a team. If he gets out of bed, we just tell him it is sleep time. We do not engage him at all. If we have to physically put him back in to bed we do, but tell him it is sleep time and then close the door.
- If she goes to bed well then he gets his star first thing in the morning for his cart.
- He gets a daily star if he completes a certain amount of his daily tasks.
- We are reinforcing positive behaviour
This are not perfect, but anything is an improvement on what we had. At the moment we are concentrating on getting Mini in to a good bed and sleep routine and then we will look at the other behaviour . I want to thank everyone for the comments, suggestions and support when I posted that we needed some help. I have spoke to the school and Mini is really well behaved whilst at school. The only time he is disruptive is when he isn’t challenged. So it appears that he holds himself together at school. I have also spoke to our Health Visitor and have the option of taking things further with her if the current situation worsens. However, we are really licky in that Franki and her colleague have offered us their support immediately, so we have no waiting times.