Sara-Jayne from Keep Up with the Jones family is back today with a DIY maths game for kids, which we are calling Out of this world maths. Sara-Jayne is mum to three boys under six and is a Junior School Teacher. This post is part of our learning with manipulatives series.
This maths craft and activity is brilliant at engaging children of all differing abilities. I’ve used it in my classroom and the children love it.
DIY maths game for kids – Out of this world maths
How To Play Out of this world maths, a DIY maths game for kids:
- Sort the stickers into jars 1-6 [to correspond with the dice].
- The first player rolls a dice and takes a sticker from the appropriate jar.
- The player adheres the sticker to their paper and begins to create their scene.
- Transportation Theme Preschool Activities from Life Over C’s
- Foam Stickers Process Art from Still Playing School
- Fill in the Bugs from Learning 2 Walk
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Decorated with Foam Stickers from Crafty Mama in ME
- Shape Puzzle with Foam Stickers from Mom Inspired Life
- DIY I Spy Foam Book by Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Foam Sticker & Rolling Pin Painting Project for Kids from Play Dough & Popsicles
- Letter Sticker Matching Activity from Books and Giggles
- Foam Sticker Writing Activity from The Kindergarten Connection
- Foam Stickers Name Puzzles from Teach Me Mommy
- Broken Hearts Puzzle from Adventures of Adam
- Seasons Weather Sorting Activity with Foam Stickers from In The Playroom
- DIY Gameboard Kids Can Make from School Time Snippets
- Fun Foam Sticker Letter Match Activity from Artsy Momma
- Sticker Shape Matching from Play & Learn Everyday
- DIY Maths Game for Kids from Mum in the Mad House