Cooking and baking is something I do a lot with the boys. I cooked with my mum growing up and a lot of the skills I have are all down to her. Cooking and baking is great for children as it teaches them lots and lots of new skills including measuring and weighing (you can even add conversion in), time measurement and management. Plus I am a great believer in home made and home cooked. One of the things we like baking is simple cookies and this is a variation on that theme using Cadbury pebbles as the added yum factor. If you love smarties and mini eggs then you will love cadburys pebbles, they are yummy cadbury chocolate covered in a christy hard shell and come in yellow, grey and purple. The boys love them as does MadDad.Do you bake with your children?
Cooking with Kids - Cadbury Pebble Cookies
: 20 cookies
These are really simple cookies with not too many ingredients that are perfect for children to make. You can substitute the Cadbury Pebbles with other chocolate products or even dried fruit
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g Cadbury Pebbles
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add sifted flour milk and vanilla extract. mix until all combined
- Add in the Cadburys Peddles and combine by hand.
- Roll into 20 balls, and place on 2 greased baking sheets
- Bake in oven 190 C for 15 mins before removing to a wire rack to cool before eating