It may seem impossible to avoid gaining weight on vacation, much less, to maintain or even lose weight when visiting an exotic locale, but with enough will and advance planning, you can reach your dieting goals even if you’re away from home. It is often easier to adhere to a healthy eating and exercise regimen when you have your own fridge stocked with vegetables and healthy foods and if you are close to your gym. However, you can find healthy foods and opportunities to exercise wherever you go, if you are prepared to think outside the box and do some investigation.
Your sexual health is paramount, and as a woman, it’s important that you’re clued up when it comes to emergency contraception. Also known as the morning after pill, this treatment is designed to prevent pregnancy if you have unprotected sex. So whether you think you’ve got it already sussed or not, here are three facts you should know about this type of emergency contraception.
• Munch Bunch will be offering you the chance to win a £10 National Trust voucher plus Munch Bunch spoons and backpacks, during the course of the twitter party hosted by [email protected]_TheMadHouse
• There will be 5 winners (UK only), details of which will be announced on Thursday 26/03/15. Via direct message to the twitter account you entered with.
• Each winner will receive a £10 National Trust voucher, a backpack and a spoon.
• The Munch Bunch #MBGoodStuff Twitter Party prize draw is open to residents in the United Kingdom that are over 18 years.
• The starting time of the Twitter Party will be 20:30 and the finishing time will be 21:30 on 25/03/15. The prize draw will be conducted by @Mum_TheMadhouse on 26/03/15
• To participate, all twitter users that are following @munchtimedairy must post a tweet giving a tip on how they make nature trails fun with their children and use the hash tag #MBGoodStuff
• Twitter users must ensure the tweet has less than 140 characters, short codes to other links will not be accepted.
• If users meet all of the above criteria they will automatically be entered into the prize draw. Submission of a posting will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• Participants who do not already have a Twitter account may open one here: www.twitter.com, once they have joined, and accepted Twitter’s terms and condition, they can follow @munchbunchdairy [email protected]_TheMadHouse who will be hosting the Twitter Party.
• Anyone who tweets between these times 20:30 and 21:30 on 25/03/15 will automatically be included in the prize draw. Any tweets posted outside this time frame will not be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
• The winners will be chosen at random by [email protected]_TheMadHouse from users who meet the criteria above.
• The winners will receive a direct message to the Twitter account they used for the party. They have 14 days to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method.
• It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they are eligible to receive the prize.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for technical difficulties which may result in Tweets not appearing in the Twitter stream as viewed via Twitter.com and therefore not eligible.
• Tweets with the Party hashtag(s) may be retweeted and used in promotional materials on Munch Bunch’s Facebook www.facebook.com/munchbunchdairy. Participation will be taken as agreement for use of material in this way.
• Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of a prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter and Twitter shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to the participants. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not Twitter.
• Winners’ details will be published via @munchbunchdairy and [email protected]_TheMadHouse twitter pages once the winners have confirmed acceptance of the prize.
• The winners’ details can be obtained from 01/04/2015 after 10:00 by emailing [email protected] and will be available for a minimum of three months. Those wanting to view the list should email [email protected] and the list will be sent out to them within 3 working days. The winners’ list will contain name and county only; no contact details will be shared.
Promoter: Lactalis Nestlé Chilled Dairy, Red Central, 60 High Street, Redhill RH1 1SH
When it comes to choosing the perfect family car, there are a number of factors to consider. The two most important considerations include choosing a vehicle that will keep the little one’s safe and also, a model that will meet all of your needs as a parent.
Safety first more »
Pregnancy is usually a wonderful time in a woman’s life, but it can involve stress, exhaustion and frayed tempers from time to time. Valentine’s day represents the perfect opportunity to express your love to your pregnant partner, but it’s important to send a message of love and thoughtfulness. These five Valentine’s Day gifts are certain to give the love of your life something to smile about during her pregnancy.
- Prenatal Massage
If you think that your partner would appreciate a practical gift this year, why not treat her to a prenatal massage? A massage by a fully trained professional may help to alleviate many of the aches and pains that go hand in hand with being pregnant, and there is evidence to suggest that prenatal massage can reduce stress and anxiety too. The latest techniques also address muscles tightness and circulation, so a prenatal massage could be the perfect way of helping your partner through the more unpleasant aspects of pregnancy.
- A Date Night
The surge of hormones that takes place during a pregnancy can trigger mood swings, stress and worry. It’s important that you use the opportunity of Valentine’s Day to demonstrate to your partner that you understand, and that you’re both ‘in it together’. A simple date night is a great way to keep the romantic flame burning during pregnancy, as it can reinforce the love, intimacy and togetherness in your relationship.
If you want to keep things simple, you can cook dinner at home, light some candles and invest in a box of chocolates. Have a movie ready to play after your meal, and make sure you won’t be disturbed for the evening. Alternatively, you can plan a romantic dinner at a local restaurant, and combine it with a romantic walk, limo ride or theatre visit. Pregnant women will often need extra comfort, support and pampering when they’re pregnant. A date night is the perfect way to let your partner know that you still desire her.
- Maternity Clothing
During the latter stages of pregnancy, many women fall into the habit of wearing anything that fits. If you have noticed that your partner is relying on the same T-shirts, leggings and baggy dresses, why not show her you care by giving her a stylish maternity outfit this Valentine’s Day? Despite having a growing bump, many women still like to feel smart and desirable – which can be a difficult feat to achieve without a fully equipped wardrobe. If you’re unsure about what your partner will wear, buy her a gift voucher for a leading maternity boutique.
- A Personal Trainer
If your partner has expressed her intention to get back into shape shortly after she gives birth, she might be delighted to receive a digital weight loss plan for women this Valentine’s Day. The Kiqplan Healthy Baby Bump programme is an intuitive mobile fitness app – specifically designed for new mums who want to lose their baby bump as quickly as possible.
After entering some basic information, your partner will be able to link the Kiplan programme with a Fitbug activity tracker. This provides real-time information on the number of steps taken and miles travelled. Your partner will then be given workout videos, advice and motivation based on her specific fitness level and weekly goals. She’ll even be sent nutritious recipes and lifestyle advice, depending on her progress reports. In effect, you will be giving your partner her very own dietician and personal trainer – which can both be carried around with her wherever she goes.
- A Foot Spa
Getting around on foot during the latter stages of a pregnancy can be tough on the ankles and feet, so what better way to tell your partner that you feel her pain than by giving her a foot spa this Valentine’s Day? The latest models feature adjustable temperature settings, and the top-of-the-range options will also deliver a relaxing massage to the soles of the feet at the same time.
Too many couples allow Valentine’s Day to pass by when a baby is on the way. However, with the right gift and some quality time together, you and your pregnant partner can enjoy a romantic and exciting time together this year.
An increasing number people are deciding to cook with flowers. With famous chefs adding edible flowers into their recipes and restaurants serving up dishes with these luxury additions, it is no surprise we are interested in them also!
What to look for in edible flowers
You should look for flowers that are colourful and stand out without brown spots or discolouration.
When you find an edible flower you should ensure you know enough information about it before you begin cooking with it. Be sure they are not poisonous or hazardous to your health.
Once you have eliminated any poisonous flowers, you can begin cooking!
There are so many options available with edible flowers – you can use them to garnish a salad, fry them up, use them in drinks or bake them.
Whilst there is a huge range of edible flowers available, here are some of the most popular:
This flower may irritate some people’s skin but is great with fish dishes. It has the taste of celery so works really well with cod and salmon. You can also add this flower to salads for an extra crunch and flavour.
This is an obvious favourite in the culinary world due to its nutty, peppery flavour. It is often used in salads or within winter dishes. The best way to use this flower is to simply sprinkle it into salads, sandwiches and soups.
Whilst the carnation may be one of the UK’s most favourite flowers to have for decoration around the home – it is also a cooking favourite. This is largely due to its spicy, clove like flavour which is a winner in most dishes. This flower is perfect for adding to ice creams or sorbets to inject a little extra flavour. Carnations are readily available from Serenata.
Most cooks use lavender to make a lavender sugar which is then added to biscuits, cakes and jams. You can also add lavender to stock to create a tasty sauce for duck, chicken and lamb dishes.
With the addition of these flowers to your dishes, you are guaranteed to create the feast of the year.
Image by http://www.thebigguyinthekitchen.com/2012/08/14/strawberry-arugula-and-gorgonzola-salad-with-a-simple-balsamic-dressing/ (Arugula salad)
As you are probably aware my boys love technology and it is ever changing. One of the main things for me is ensuring that they are safe online. I have recently been introduced to the The Prestigio MultiPad Color for children is a very bright, yet still smart device.
It comes with a reliable and easy to use parental control system which gives you complete control of what your child has access to which they call the Kid Launcher. This allows you to control how long your child can use the tablet and also decide which apps you want them to have access to.
It also has a quad core processor powered by MediaTek chipset, it has a dual core graphics card and also 1GB of ram, along with 7.0-inchdisplay with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels running an android 4.4 operating system. Basically this will allow the kids to watch movies (or YouTube in my boys case) in Full HD 1080p and play the most dynamic games in 3D.
Whilst we are talking about safety, the unique texture of the Prestigio MultiPad helps kids grip the tablet.
You can choose one of six colours for your Prestigio MultiPad and then choose one of seven images giving you 42 options for you!
The Prestigio Multipad enables you yo track when and how the tablet is used by your child without peeking over their shoulders. The parental controls allow you to stop your kids exiting child mode with password, prevent them changing any settings, restrict all purchases and installing new applications, restrict making calls and sending SMS messages functionality. Basically they can only access pre approved apps and games within the time limit you set them.
You can buy your Prestigio Multipad here with free delivery and a 2 year international guarantee
Moving house is always a stressful time and involves a large amount of decision making. But, the largest and most important aspect of moving house is ensuring you choose the right one for your children to grow up in. Ideally you want a house that both you and your children can call a home – where your children can create the perfect childhood memories.
In order to help you with the big move, here are a few things you should take into consideration before purchasing a property:
Think of the future
When choosing a property, it is important to think of the future. Do not purchase a house with the mentality that it will only last a few years. Moving house does incur expenses therefore the longer you remain in a home, the more money you save.
Also, it is better for children to be brought up in just one home rather than ten.
Allow for growth
When choosing a home, try to find one that will allow you to make any adaptations or changes as life’s needs change. For example, is there space to add another bedroom if you have additional children? Many new home owners are opting for the new build homes in Aylesbury simply because they allow for such changes.
Your new home should have some flexibility in the functions of the rooms. It is ideal if you have a room that can be used as both a study and a playroom – this leaves you some room to change how you would like to utilise this space, depending on your family’s needs.
Surroundings and neighbourhood
The neighbourhood in which the house is situated in is vital. You should remember – your children will be growing up here. You should check out the schools and the local parks etc. Also, are you near to local amenities? Being close to shops and restaurants is useful in case you do not have a car. You can also find out the reputation of certain neighbourhoods by asking around or searching online.
When you are looking for the perfect house, it is important that you see it as a home and not just an investment. This is where you and your beloved family will be spending each and every day therefore, it is vital that you get it right. With these tips in mind, buying the perfect home shouldn’t be a problem.
In a past life before kids I was a Facilities Manager and organised relocations for the large company I worked for including 500 people from one office to another over the period of a weekend, but I never knew what stress was until it came to moving house myself.
The last time we moved eight years ago I had a 4 month old and a22 month old and it was a NIGHTMARE. I hated it and swore never to do it again.
But if you are looking to move and have kids do check out this fab infographic with some great ideas for keeping kids of all ages happy.
Thanks to Eco Movers for the infographic
The RSPCA do an incredible job of rescuing dogs, as well as other pets, with 245,590 animals being collected and rescued by the hard-working RSPCA last year. However, they need continual help and support, especially at Christmas time. Here’s how you can help:
Adopt a pet
You too can rescue dogs this Christmas by adopting and re-homing them. However, dogs aren’t just for Christmas, they need a home for life and adopting a pet can be a life changing decision and not one to take lightly. There are many wonderful benefits to owning a pet such as companionship and the opportunity to do more exercise but you must make sure you have the ability to offer them something back – unconditional love, a warm and safe home, food and security.
How to go about it?
If you feel you have what it takes to adopt a pet, go and visit your local RSPCA rather than a pet shop. This way you will give an animal a home that really needs it. The RSPCA give each dog a behavioural assessment and health check. They also treat every dog as an individual, giving each one a unique caring experience.
They also go through a matchmaking process for every adoption; making sure the dog is right for the owner as much as the owner is right for the dog. Before adoption takes place, the prospective owner will have to fill in a questionnaire, have an interview and be given a home check. RSPCA inspectors will also visit the dog after adoption to make sure it’s settling in well and that there are no problems.
The number of people being convicted of animal cruelty is rising in the UK and it’s important that you do your bit to tackle this head-on.
Sponsor a pet
If you don’t feel that re-homing a pet is quite right for you, you can still support the RSCPA this Christmas by sponsoring a pet. Unfortunately, more and more pets in the UK are victims of cruelty Christmas is no exception. But you can help.
For just £6.50 a month you can help distressed animals be fed, sheltered and loved. As well as giving a dog a second chance you will also receive a welcome pack which includes a personal certificate, car stickers and a sponsorship guide. You will also get regular updates about the animals you’re helping to keep safe and you’ll get invitations to visit the branches you’re sponsoring and meet other RSPCA sponsors.
The packs and information you’re sent is always written in simple language which makes it great for kids too so why not sponsor a pet on your child’s behalf? It’s a great way to help animals, teach your children about charity and responsibility and even placate their desire to bring a pet into the home.
Give a dog a second chance this Christmas – it might just be the best family decision you make