On Christmas Eve we have my best friend and family over for a get together, between us we have six boys between eleven and four, so we make sure that we have lots of fun kids party games prepped and I wanted to share them with you in case you are having a festive gathering and want to grab the kids attention away from Electronics. This selection of ten fun kids christmas party games that are simple to plan and prepare and are perfect for kids of all ages and adults too.
This assortment of kids christmas party games are perfect for family gatherings, but work equally as well in larger group situations such as classrooms, cubs, beavers or brownie parties. They are all inexpensive to do and take very little preparation.
10 Fun Kids Christmas party games
1) Indoor snowball fight and target practice – This is a simple as making a load of white pompoms and using them as snowballs! If you are feeling adventurous then you can use paper cups set up as a target and keep scores.
2) Simon says (santa says).
3) Snowman Freeze (musical statues)
4) Can-you-get-the-cookie-from-your-forehead-into-your-mouth-without-using-your-hands-in-a-minute game. Now you can make this more challenging by using an after eight mint, especially if you want the kids to get a little more messy!
5) Pin the nose on the reindeer – You really do not have to be overly artistic. I love this simple version.
6) How many mini marshmallows you can pick up with chopsticks. We give the children kids chopsticks and the older ones have standard ones just like the adults. The big plus is you get to eat your marshmallows or pop them on some hot chocolate.
7) Go on a candy cane hunt – this is a super simple game as the name suggests, but is really fun for kids of all ages.
8) Do you want to build a snowman
- White crepe paper streamers
- Black self adhesive foam circles (buttons and eyes)
- Orange self adhesive foam carrot (nose)
This is a hilarious take on the mummy game that is often played with toilet roll at Halloween. I find that crepe paper streamers are much more forgiving for children. We split the children in to teams and one of them is nominated to be the “snowman” and the others have to get him dressed. I love using self adhesive craft foam for the button and nose.
9) First to trim the tree
- Crepe paper streamers in green
- Self adhesive gift bows
- self adhesive foam glitter star
This is in the same vein as build a snowman, but this time you have to trim and decorate the tree. Again we use crepe paper streamers, but this time green ones and then we use stick on gift bows as the decorations. This year I found some fab hair bands with hats and stars on them to be the tree toppers. The boys try to go as fast as they can, but it often just ends in everyone in a fit of giggles!
10) Christmas Bingo – Again who doesn’t love bingo and this fun themed free bingo printable is lovely and even better you get to eat your counters once you are finished. We team up the younger children with the adults for this bingo.
Do you have any fun christmas party games that you always play over the festive season?