We have wooden floor downstairs and carpet upstairs.
- LEGO. Have you ever trodden on a lego brick, nuff said!
- Little plastic soldiers. As painful as LEGO, but not as durable, so not only do you end up with a sore foot, but an unhappy child too
- Paper. The last time I slipped on a piece of paper I broke my big toe. On wooden floors, paper or magizines means a slip hazzard and you will often find me legs akimbo on the floor
- Wet patches. Thankfully now my boys are five and six these patches tend to be drink, but in the olden days you never knew what you might be stood in (I will leave that to your imagination), I actually broke my shoulder by slipping on a wet patch.
- Cars. Oh yes cars can soon have you propelled across a room at breakneck speed too
- Crayons. Ever twisted your ankle rolling on a crayon? Not yet, well there is always time, trust me
- Weetabix. That stuff is cement, once dry it will never come off.
- Muslins. Those innocent cloths of many uses, they are deadly let me tell you, especially when on a wooden floor
- Scooters. Why oh why do the boys insist on bring these things indoors, one of these days they will kill me
- A child. Yep they tend to get underfoot too!
I also make sure I never, ever enter a loo without shoes on especially with two boys with poor aim!