I love Easter. It really is a wonderful time of the year. A time of renewal, a time for rejoicing and also new beginnings. I love to decorate our home with the changes of seasons and Easter is no exception.
I also love how our decorations are building up and being added to over the years. Most of them are homemade and hold lots of memories and none of them were expensive. My top tip is to buy them after Easter is over in the sales and put them away for next year, just remember where you have stored them!
DIY Easter Decorations
But what I love even more than buying Easter Decor is making it – any excuse to craft is a great excuse in my book from table centerpieces to DIY easter baskets or a wreath for the front foot. I would much rather follow a tutorial and instructions and make something that I can use year after year and think I made that or even better the kids made that! Lots of craft supplies can be bought from the Pound Shop or Dollar store cheaply the fact that I enjoy making them is a bonus.
Frugal decorating ideas for Easter
- Mini Easter Bucket by Mama Bee Simple
- DIY Easter Egg Garland by The Jenny Evolution
- Bunny Garland from Pieces of Me
- Paper Straw Easter Bunnies from The Silly Pearl
- DIY Paint Chip Easter Garland by Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Peeps table decorations by Delicate Construction
- Easter Egg Tree from Sweet Floweret
- Simple wooden cross by Mom on the move
- Bunny Pom pom Door Wreath from DIY n Crafts
- Washi tape easter garland by Mum in the Mad House
- Button Egg Canvas from Carrie Elle
- Easter Bunny Wreath by The Chirping Moms
- Easter Bunny silhouette craft by See Vanessa Craft
- Easter Chick Coasters from DIY Everywhere
- Washi tape covered eggs by Mum in the Mad House
- Easter Egg Wreath from Two Princesses and a Menagerie
- paper Strip Easter Egg Art by Minted
- Footprint bunny easter canvas from Fun Handprint Art
- Carrot Door Hanger from Ballard Bunch
- Felted Egg Chicks by Mum in the Mad House
- Hoppy Easter Sign by A little Moore
- Easter Gnomes by Its always Autumn
Why not put together a craft kit of easter supplies such as ribbon, moss, jars, twine, twigs (for nests), speckled eggs, baby chicks, rabbits etc along with a hot glue gun and then you can make all of the easy projects above.
Do you have a post that is about thrifty parenting, decorating or lifestyle? One that is about frugal food or crafts and art or even a post about making the post of what you have, please link up. Each week we make sure we pin the post, feature some on our facebook pages and then we each have a round up on a Sunday.
Let’s all share that being frugal can be fabulous.
<a href=”https://www.muminthemadhouse.com/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>
<img src=”https://www.muminthemadhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fab-frugal-mad-house.jpg” alt=”The Mad House” width=”250″ height=”250″ />
Please take a look at my fab co hosts and their posts, Cass at Dairy of a Frugal Family, A Thrifty Mum, Emma at Mum’s Savvy Savings and Becca from Bare Feet of the Dashboard to see if you have been featured.
So many pretty ideas and it’s nice that they don’t cost a fortune.
Your CommentsI love ideas like this for Easter superb xxx and frugal to boot
Such great ideas. I do love your ones using Washi tape. The garland is something we will do this year, as we can take it with us where ever we end up travelling.
what lovely ideas, the kids will love these!!! The fact it doesn’t cost a fortune is a massive bonus for me x
So many fantastic and frugal ideas! xx
I never think about decorating for Easter but there are some lovely ideas there and I really should make the most of it whilst my children are still small!
Some lovely ideas – I’m pleased my children still enjoy Easter crafts!
So many cute ideas and I love that everthing is so bright and colourful too x
Those bunnies are very cute, my little Miss E woudl like to make those, I’ll show her. Mich x
I’ve been looking for ideas for easter and hadn’t even started so thanks for this! x
Lots of good ideas here. I agree about buying things after Easter and keeping them for the following year. You can save a lot that way.
Yay, Easter’s coming!! I love this post – lots of fun for Easter, brilliant!
We have some plastic eggs that we decorate our apple tree with – it looked fab last year as the blossom was on it too
Loving some of these ideas! .. i need to get more crafty Jen .. i need saving from myself and to find my craft! x
Absolutely love these.
I love decorating my white tree with eggs and chicks… I actually must find that
I love that little tea cup planter that had been linked up! super cute ideas x