- I am a the cat’s pyjamas
- You can not have a champagne lifestyle on a larger income
- Less is more
- You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream – C.S Lewis
- Sew a little love into every stitch
- That life is not a one way journey, you can make turns and even go backwards if you chose.
- Being wonky is good
- The sum is greater than the parts
- Fairy lights are for all year round, not just christmas
- Family is EVERYTHING
- Most things can be healed by spending time with children
- That I am not the only person in the world to have a stationery and washi tape addiction
- Creativity is like a muscle
- Happiness is not perfection, it is learning to look past the imperfect
- That it is acceptable to get satisfaction from hanging washing on the line
- Not much beats slipping between freshly laundered better, other than being joined there by the ones you love.
- The secret to good Yorkshire puddings is an extra egg.
- That having gift vouchers means that there will be nothing you want from that shop and not having them means you are longing for something!
- I am not defined by my broad Northern accent.
- Being polite costs nothing and gives so much. Always say please and thank you.
- My best has to be good enough
- In order to make life better for woman, I have to raise feminist boys.
- There is unbound joy in finding money in old bags and coat pockets
- A pot of tea solves a lot of life’s woes
- Tea tastes better served in china cups
- I would rather spend more on paper straws then drink from plastic ones
- I have to be the person I want my children to become
- Kindness costs nothing, starts with me and needs to be an intention I make everyday and I should always give more than necessary
- That now is my happy ever after
- There is something wonderful to be found in a family button tin
- Life is too short and unpredictable to not live in the present. Yes life is a grind, but I am not being worn down, I am being polished!
- No balls in the house is a good rule
- Where there is love there is life
- That I light the way for my children by the bridges I burn
- Accidents happen
- Buy quality and only buy once
- Given enough glue sticks and glitter I could rule the world
- There is no way to be a perfect mother, but I am the right mum for my boys
- That if I can not change a situation then I have to change my thoughts about it.
- We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
Blatantly copied from Housewife Confidential and kept for my 40th Birthday, well actually I turned 40 on December 20th, but with illness and a superb family christmas I forgot to post this!
You really do not have a broad northern accent.
These are great! Happy birthday!!
Belated happy birthday. It’s a great list. My favourite is 11. So true x
Useful life advice!
I would add, Monopoly is always bad for household morale & don’t buy cheap coats on eBay.
Janie » Oh we love Monopoly. I will remeber that about coats!
Happy New Year – love the list. I’d have to swap fabric (and increasingly yarn, oops) for the stationary and washi tape. Definitely agree on no balls inside, that is a recipe for disaster with boys. Can’t join you with the accent, but I’m sure yours is lovely! Happy New Year. Juliex
Julie » Ah yes fabric. I am currently trying to destash that too!
I love your list lovely lady x
Happy Birthday Jen, here’s to the next 40 years x
Great list! Happy new year!
Foz » Happy new year to you too
Belated happy birthday! Love number 10!
Eileen Teo » My family make everything worthwhile
Happy 40th birthday, love your list and yes I need to try this washi tape stuff! x x x
Ali » Watch out Ali, you will be hooked in no time
My favourite is number 37! Happy belated birthday x
The Egyptian Mummy » Nice to meet a fellow glitter lover
Extra egg you say? trying that tomorrow!
Kath Knitty Mummy » Oh how did it go?
Happy belated Birthday!! x
Fritha » Thank you
Happy belated Birthday love no 15 🙂
Hellie’s Corner » I love it when Spring comes and I can start line drying again!
Some real gems in there Jen. I particularly love 11 and 16 but who knew about the extra egg for yorkshires, I’ll try it! Happy new year, Mich x
Michelle Twin Mum » Ah yes clean sheets!
Happy Belated Birthday Jen! What a great list, I agree with 24 and 25! Hope you are feeling better now? X
Jill » Nice to meet a fellow tea monster
Hope you had a great birthday. Thank you SO much for the tip about the extra egg in the Yorkshire puddings – I am going to try this now.
Pinkoddy » Do let me know how it turns out for you. I am a true Yorkshire lass and love them
Ah this is great and a very happy belated birthday to you! I turn 40 next year and am already planning all manner of debauchery and excess!
Love All Blogs » I had a very relaxed and quiet day! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned!
These are just fabulous Jen. Happy belated birthday too, I hope you had a really lovely one. Yours is just 5 days before POD’s, she was 3 on Christmas Day 🙂
Charly Dove » I had a lovely day with the people that matter most to me and how I feel for POD. As a child I hated having a christmas birthday. Now I love it
I am going to adopt most of these immediately !!
Happy 40th xx
Swazi » Thank you. It is going to be a good year
Fantastic list! Happy happy happy belated birthday to you! And thank you so much for #22. You are one clever woman! Dxx
Metropolitan Mum » Not so sure on the clever part, but I am certainly old!
It is a great list – Happy Birthday xx
These are great things to have discovered. I really like the comment about raising boys who will be respectful of girls. A belated happy birthday.