Celebrate the build-up to Christmas with these fabulous advent calendar activities for Kids and Printable Activity Advent Calendar. This really is the cutest way to pass the days during advent and to reinforce family values at this special time of year and is full of Christmas activities and Christmas crafts.
There is something really magical about spending quality time with family over December. The small traditions that make this time of year remarkable and that cement memory in our children’s hearts. They don’t have to be expensive or take lots of time, in fact often children really love and remember the smallest things.
My boys love our Advent traditions and even now as teens insist that we have Christmas hot chocolate and movie nights. We still ice gingerbread together.
Activity Advent Calendar
This year our traditions might have to be a little different due to the circumstances but there is no reason that we can not all have a wonderful magical advent filled with treats. I love a Christmas countdown and the idea of this countdown calendar is that it is filled with small seasonal activities that are simple but also build up the anticipation until Christmas Eve.
In fact, I think that it is even more reason to find small joy in each of the days. So I have created a printable advent activity calendar with foldable envelopes filled with an activity each day and also a set of numbers for you to print and use.
If this year has given me anything, it is a total appreciation of spending time with the people I love. So I have gone through our big long list of Advent activities and used 24 to make this beautiful simple calendar. I have also included some blanks so you can add your own special Christmas traditions that you have for the holiday season.
This advent activity printable is really easy to use, just download, print, cut and fold. These envelopes fold into themselves, so no glue is needed. I have made it super easy for any Cricut owners out there and you can find the printable here for Cricut.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
We decided to clip each envelope off a wire fairy lights using clear pegs and to pop numbers on the front. We even have a printable for the numbers (here for Cricut users)
Download your Free Printable Advent Activity Calendar Below:
This printable is offered for your personal, non-commercial use only. Mass-production of this printable is not permitted, even for non-profit purposes. Please do not upload these Christmas Wish lists to other sites – instead, if you want to let people know about these freebies, post a link to this page. Pinning is okay as long as the pin links back to this page. Thanks!
Christmas Advent Calendar Activities
- Write and post your letter to Father Christmas
- Help ice the Christmas cake
- Make Christmas cards
- Make shapes with the cookie cutters and playdough
- Make Christmas shrinky dinks
- Make paper snowflakes
- Go to Carol Service
- Colour in some Christmas pictures
- Make some Christmas fairy cakes
- Make paper chains
- Collect Pinecones and make a decoration.
- Make Christmas popcorn
- Make gingerbread men
- Make a snow globe
- Help dry orange slices
- Make peppermint creams
- Make up a Christmas board game
- Put up the Christmas Decorations
- Go Sledding
- Have a meal lit by candles.
- Put your PJ’s on and watch the Polar Express
- Choose a Christmas Party Game to play with your family
- Start reading about the nativity
- Learn a new carol
- Make Paper Plate Baubles
- Have a Christmas Song Disco
- Write your Christmas cards and deliver local ones
- Make a Christmas Garland
- Buy a new Christmas book.
- Make salt dough ornaments
- String popcorn to go on the tree outside
- Make Craft Stick Snowflake Ornaments
- Make a bird feeder
- Sing Christmas carols
- Do a ramdom act of kindness
- Make white pom poms and have an indoor snowball fight
- Make an indoor snowman
- Bake reindeer cookies
- Make decorations with dried orange slices
- Bake some Christmas cookies
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Make reindeer food
- Read a Christmas Story from our advent box
- Make air dry clay ornaments
- Make up a Christmas story or comic
- Take a walk in the dark to look at the Christmas lights
- Design your own Christmas Ugly Sweater
- Have a picnic under the light from the Christmas tree
- Write a letter to your Elf.
- Attend crib service in church
- Make a Christmas video
- Make a Christmas wreath
- Help trim the tree
- Make DIY Mini Plant Pot Reindeer Ornaments
- Make mince pies
- Make spiced cider or apple juice
- Find Mistletoe, hang it in our house and kiss under it – If you can not find any then make some felt mistletoe
- Make Hot Chocolate and marshmallows
- Go on a Christmas light scavenger hunt
- Put up a wreath
- Decorate your gingerbread house
- Make a family traditional dessert
- Dip candy canes in Hot Coco
- Sing Christmas carols
- Roast marshmallows over a fire
- Make Printable Christmas Star Ornaments for the Christmas Tree
- Make Christmas flavoured ice cream in a bag
- Make a nativity out of LEGO
- Write a Christmas poem
- Design a Christmas TV Quiz
- Make a Christingle
- Make Christmas Gift Tags to Colour and Personalise
- Make candy as a gift
- Do a craft with jingle bells
- Donate canned food to a food bank
- Make an angel for the top of the Christmas tree.
- Choose three of your toys and give them away to a charity shop.
- Write a Christmas Wish and hang it on your tree.
- Hang up your Christmas stocking
- Have a festive breakfast
- Make Jelly Baby Jesus Cakes
- Make Washi Tape Christmas Baubles
- Make orange and clove pomanders
- Have a Christmas movie night
- Make a lantern
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Ornament – Air Drying Clay
- Go Ice Skating
- Make wrapping paper
- Help wrap presents
- Tak blankets for the homeless
- Research Christmas jokes
- Make your Own Homemade Christmas Crackers
- Visit Father Christmas or visit Santa
- Make peppermint bark
- Make your own decoration
- Make fingerprint robin cards
- Make a Whoville Christmas Tree .
- Colour in a printable Nativity Scene
Advent Calendar Ideas
If you love this then you might also want to take a look at our Advent Random Acts of Kindness Calendar which is also a DIY Advent Calendar.
- A Reverse Advent Calendar
- Must-Have Advent Calendars for Tots to Teens
- Top Beauty Advent Calendars
- Turn Any Glass Candle into an Advent Candle
- 24 DIY Numbered Advent Candles
- Advent and Christmas Books to Treasure at Any Age
- Great Kids books for Advent and Christmas
- Scandi Style DIY Advent Calendars
- Amazing Paper Advent Calendars – Opt for the traditional Option
- DIY Modern Advent Calendars you will want to make
- Ferm Living Inspired DIY Advent Candle
- Wonderful Ways to Celebrate Advent
- Make an Advent Candle or wreath
- 24 homemade advent calenders
- The ultimate advent activity list
- Make an Advent Box