Celebrate the build up to Christmas with these fabulous advent calendar activities and printable Activity Advent Calendar. This really is the cutest way to pass the days during advent and to reinforce family at this special time of year.
There is something really magical about spending quality time with family over December. The small traditions that make this time of year remarkable and that cement memories in our children’s hearts. They don’t have to be expensive or take lots of time, in fact often children really love and remember the smallest things.
My boys love our Advent traditions and even now as teens insist that we have Christmas hot chocolate and movie nights. We still ice gingerbread together.
This year our traditions might have to be a little different due to social distancing but there is no reason that we can not all have a wonderful magical advent.
In fact, I think that it is even more reason to find small joy in each of the days. So I have created a printable advent activity calendar with foldable envelopes filled with an activity each day and also a set of numbers for you to print and use.
If this year has given me anything, it is a total appreciation of spending time with the people I love. So I have gone through our big long list of Advent activities and used 24 to make this beautiful simple calendar.
This advent activity printable is really easy to use, just download, print, cut and fold. These envelopes fold into themselves, so no glue needed. I have made it super easy for any Cricut owners out there and you can find the printable here for Cricut.
We decided to clip each envelope off a wire fairy lights using clear pegs and to pop numbers on the front. We even have a printable for the numbers (here for Cricut users)
Download your Free Printable Advent Activity Calendar Below:
This printablee is offered for your personal, non-commercial use only. Mass-production of this printable is not permitted, even for non-profit purposes. Please do not upload these Christmas Wish lists to other sites – instead, if you want to let people know about these freebies, post a link to this page. Pinning is okay as long as the pin links back to this page. Thanks!
Advent Calendar Activities
- Write and post your letter to Father Christmas
- Help ice the Christmas cake
- Make Christmas cards
- Make shapes with the cookie cutters and playdough
- Make Christmas shrinky dinks
- Make paper snowflakes
- Go to Carol Service
- Colour in some Christmas pictures
- Make some Christmas fairy cakes
- Make paper chains
- Collect Pinecones and make a decoration.
- Make Christmas popcorn
- Make gingerbread men
- Make a snow globe
- Help dry orange slices
- Make peppermint creams
- Make up a Christmas board game
- Put your PJ’s on and watch the Polar Express
- Choose a Christmas Party Game to play with your family
- Start reading about the nativity
- Learn a new carol
- Make Paper Plate Baubles
- Have a Christmas Song Disco
- Write your Christmas cards and deliver local ones
- Make salt dough ornaments
- String popcorn to go on the tree outside
- Make Craft Stick Snowflake Ornaments
- Make a bird feeder
- Sing Christmas carols
- Make white pom poms and have an indoor snowball fight
- Make an indoor snowman
- Make reindeer cookies
- Make decorations with dried orange slices
- Make some Christmas cookies
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Make reindeer food
- Read a Christmas Story from our advent box
- Make air dry clay ornaments
- Make up a Christmas story or comic
- Take a walk in the dark to look at the Christmas lights
- Design your own Christmas Ugly Sweater
- Have a picnic under the light from the Christmas tree
- Attend crib service in church
- Make a Christmas video
- Make a Christmas wreath
- Help trim the tree
- Make DIY Mini Plant Pot Reindeer Ornaments
- Make mince pies
- Make spiced cider or apple juice
- Find Mistletoe, hang it in our house and kiss under it – If you can not find any then make some felt mistletoe
- Make Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows
- Go on a Christmas light scavenger hunt
- Put up a wreath
- Decorate your gingerbread house
- Make a family traditional dessert
- Dip candy canes in Hot Coco
- Sing Christmas carols
- Roast marshmallows over a fire
- Make Printable Christmas Star Ornaments for the Christmas Tree
- Make Christmas flavoured ice cream in a bag
- Make a nativity out of LEGO
- Write a Christmas poem
- Design a Christmas TV Quiz
- Make a Christingle
- Make Christmas Gift Tags to Colour and Personalise
- Make candy as a gift
- Do a craft with jingle bells
- Donate canned food to a food bank
- Make an angel for the top of the Christmas tree.
- Choose three of your toys and give them away to a charity shop.
- Write a Christmas Wish and hang it on your tree.
- Hang up your Christmas stocking
- Have a festive breakfast
- Make Jelly Baby Jesus Cakes
- Make Washi Tape Christmas Baubles
- Make orange and clove pomanders
- Have a Christmas movie night
- Make a lantern
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Ornament – Air Drying Clay
- Go Ice Skating
- Make wrapping paper
- Help wrap presents
- Research Christmas jokes
- Make your Own Homemade Christmas Crackers
- Visit Father Christmas
- Make peppermint bark
- Make your own decoration
- Make fingerprint robin cards
- Make a Whoville Christmas Tree
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!