Each season I make a manifesto, rather than setting New Years resolutions and there is something about Autumn and September that calls out to me to make a new start. I think it is something to do with all those years of September. I still lust after new stationery and new beginnings at this time of year. I miss my children after they return to school and try to fill my days and keep my mind poccupolied and my body busy, so as not to get cold.
I love making my home cosy during Autum in preparation for the cold of winter
- Take a walk in the woods with the boys at least once a week
- Get out my SAD Lamp, the nights drawing in means I need to make sure I get sufficient sun
- Pop blankets on the ends of each bed
- Make up a bottle of room spray(water and essential oils) I use this to dampen the air as central heating dries it out
- Make Mini’s quilt. I have the fabric, but I still can not bring myself to actually cut the fabric!
- Buy some new socks
- Start baking again (I am getting an oven to review), which means this can start again!
- draw the curtains at dusk to keep the heat in and the cold out.
- Try and make a Christmas gift a week
- Find a course I want to go on for me
- Learn to crochet
- Go to the Park after school
- Make the most of the weekends and try and do something family oriented on a Saturday, as Sundays are taken over with football
- Put hot water bottles in the beds before we get in to them
- Buy new slipper
- Plant some spring bulbs and some bulbs in cups for Christmas presents