Preschoolers love gluing and sticking and this Autumn leaves and tree sticking craft is a great craft for preschoolers and is a simple and pretty much mess free activity. By preparing all the items you need before you can leave it as a great invitation to play.
Fall leaves activity
- Cut out a selection of leaves and acorns in different sizes and colours
- Draw or cut out a bare tree
Activities – three and under
- Let your child feel and explore the leaves
- Discuss the way they feel
- Discuss the colour of the leaves and ask your child to point out the colours to you
- Ask which leaves are smaller or larger
- Point out acorns
- Count the leaves with your child
- Provide your child with a glue stick or glue and let them sick on the leaves as they choose
This is a great activity for over three’s too. It is a brilliant activity for after school or quiet times. It can also be a super activity for scissor skills as your child can cut out the leaves if they want to.
Activities – over three
- In addition to the above discuss why leaves change colour, you can find some great posts about it here at Teach Beside Me or Ingles 360
- Encourage your child to colour in the bark
- Why leaves fall off trees
- What acorns are
- Discuss patterns that they might make with the leaves
- Talk about how many leaves they are sticking on each branch
- Discuss the size of the leaves
Like this, then why not take a look at my Autumn/Fall activities Pinterest board.