Before I start this review of the Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron, I am going to admit that I HATE ironing with a vengeance and as soon as I could I started outsourcing it! That being said I do have really high expectations when I do iron.
When I do iron I want by iron to be powerful, easy to use and lightweight. I want ironing to be a pleasure and not a chore. We are an equal opportunity house, so I also want any iron we have to be so simple that both the husbeast and the boys can use it too. So an iron has a lot of boxes to tick here.
Initial Thoughts on the Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron
The iron comes is a really big box and if you haven’t used a steam generator iron before this will seem really unusual. It is really self-explanatory and simple to use straight out of the box. it all seems pretty family to me especially as I have previously used a similar style of iron.
What I liked about Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron
- I love that this is a really light iron. I suffer from carpal tunnel and arthritis, so a light iron is a must for me. This is a huge benefit of steam generator irons as the weight is in the water and that is kept in the base,
- The steam generator is really easy to fill with a pull our lip so water pours in really easily. it also holds a lot of water, around 1 and a half litres which means you do not need to fill it up regularly.
- It has Six perfectly coordinated ironing programmes offering the ideal combination of temperature and steam for specific fabrics. From silk and synthetics to denim and linen – you’ll get perfect results every time
- It also has a magic i-Temp setting which means that it just knows the optimum temperature for the fabric you are ironing. This is just perfect for the husbeast and the boys!
- The generator provides constant high-pressure steam, which makes ironing super fast.
- The ProHygienic programme removes 99.99% of bacteria on garments during ironing using a unique combination of temperature, steam pressure and interval steam. This is perfect if you have had a bout of illness in the house.
- The secureLock system is easy to use and makes it safe to store and carry your iron.
The Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron is an investment purchase at £299.99 there is no denying that, but you do get a free ironing board (like the funky one on the photos and video) which is worth £69.99 when you purchase yourBosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron from Curry’s. The Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron is so easy and simple to use. It just glides over even the most creased fabric and makes light work of the ironing pile.
So as I told you at the beginning I have recently outsourced my ironing, so to put the Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron to the test I gave it to my lovely ironing lady and she loves it. She said it is super powerful, really easy to use, but most of all it has shortened her time ironing and that has to be a great thing. She loves it so much that I have gifted it to her!
Now for the best bit, I have teamed up with Bosch to offer you the chance to win your own Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron.
Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron
5 items ironed in the video 🙂 i think i would enjoy it more with a better iron. I dread doing all my boys shirts with my 10 year old iron 🙁
5 items, quite impressed with the merino wool! I hate ironing but my other half loves it!
See I actually don’t mind ironing but I would love a decent iron like this to do it with!!! I mainly do shirts too!! 5 items ironed! xx
5 items ironed! I don’t actually mind ironing but my iron is terrible so would love this!! xx
5 items ironed. I don’t mind normal ironing but hate it when it’s something big like the curtains .
After a hard day at work in the cleaning industry, one thing I hate to come home to is a pile of ironing. I will be happy when they invent a robot to do the ironing for you. You can have a robot to vacuum while you are out, so I am secretly hoping for an ironing one to be invented. I hate ironing!
You Ironed 5 different items of clothing. You can come round & do mine now 🙂
5 items. I don’t like ironing and it always builds up too quickly as I don’t always keep up!
5 items and i hate ironing its not my favorite thing
5 things were ironed in the video. I don’t mind ironing as long as I have something good to watch on TV. Would love this all singing, all dancing iron x
5 items ironed, I would enjoy ironing a lot more if I had a decent iron. Its not my favourite task to be honest, although I like the results.
5! I like how quickly you can move from one material to another with ease. Lovely of yolu to give it to your ironing lady – probably saved her loads of time and effort! x
5 items I need one of these in my life x
5 items. I dont mind ironing as long as I have the tv or some music on. I only dislike ironing shirts, blouses and pleated school skirts!
5 items were ironed x
5 items ironed ,i dont mind it can catch up on tv at same time
I actually really enjoy ironing! 🙂
5 items and i kinda like it, i put a film on, make a cuppa and get it done, i find it theraputic xxx
5 items ironed. I don’t mind ironing certain things. The things I don’t like ironing are items that have to be hung i.e shirts, trousers, skirts, blouses etc – all the clothes that are awkward
We have a steam generator Iron at work but I’ve been too scared to try it! Ha ha! I use their normal one but would love to win my own! Thank you!
Would love to give one of these a try ?
5 items, with nine of us in the house, this would be perfect, ironing is one chore I actually enjoy but this would make it even better!
5 items. I hate ironing but my OH is really good which is very handy 🙂
You’ve ironed 5 items, well done. I hate ironing , but I haven’t found the perfect iron yet! Yours looks great though x