One of the hardest things for me about aging is the fact that my sin espeically on the checks has developed a redness or rosacea. I have no issue with growing old gracefully and have embraced my silver hair. But I am not so keen on looking as though I am always blushing.
So I asked the ever knowing Instagram Covern that live in my phone for their suggestions and I have made a number of changes to my routine and I am delighted with the results I have seen even in just the month I have been using them.
So here are my top tips for products to deal with age-related redness which my GP told me is quite common in perimenopausal and menopausal woman – damn those pesky hormones. Even though I am only 45 I have been on HRT since my operation 11 years ago.
I was given a load of different suggestions so I am going to share my new regium and also some of the other options that were suggested to me.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials for you to try. Thank you!
I use Elemis Cleansing Balm and love it. The key for me is to not have the water too hot (even though cleansers are often called hot cloth)!
Other recommended cleansers for rosacea included:
- Super Facialist Vitamin C Cleansing Oil from Sainsbury’s
- REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
- Elemis Soothing Chamomile Cleanser
- Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser
Other recommended toners for rosacea included:
I think this is what has made the biggest change for me and I opted for a less expensive option to start with and am delighted. La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Anti-Redness Intense Serum 40ml used morning and night before any moisturiser.
Other recommended serum for rosacea included:
- Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate For Chronic Redness 30ml
- Dermalogica Ultra calming concentrate
- REN Evercalm Anti-Redness Serum
- SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Masque
Moisturisers and SPF
I have pretty much stuck to using whatever moisturiser I have as they are all for sensitive skin, but I have introduced Rosaliac UV Riche Anti-Redness Moisturiser with SPF.
- Avène Antirougeurs Jour Redness Relief Moisturizing Protecting Emulsion
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac UV Rich 40ml with SPF 15
- SVR Sensifine AR Anti-Redness + Rosacea Cream SPF50+ – 50ml
I am delighted with the changes that I have seen and the redness on my cheeks and under my chin so much improved. The truth is that I have always been prone to redness on my cheeks but the lack of hormones caused by menopause have made it so much worse.
I would love to know what you use and if you have any recommendations?