Emily at suggests a reward chart, as does and The ramblings of an everyday mummy, so I have decided to set down what behaviour will mean gets more points and in our house points make more buying power at . shop
- Set realistic expectations of Mini, clearly letting him know what I need and expect og him.
- Reinforce and reward good behaviour with points and attention
- Learn to recognise flash points and avoid them or distract mini ( wellies, he hates wellies)
- Give timescales
- Give choices, not lots, just one or two
- See if I can find a physical outlet for his temper
- Be firm
- Be calm
- Be CONSISTANT
Some of the mummys with older children have been there and done that and just knowing that fantastic mum’s like Penny, Suzie, Amberlife and Pomona have all been through similar is something of a relief.
So thank you friends for all your insightful and helpful comments. Thank you for the support, for the hugs and for the camaraderie. Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone.