Do you suffer from cracked or dry lips? I am very lucky, but the husbeast and Maxi both do. This DIY vanilla peppermint lip scrub is perfect for both of them and also is a great gift too.
I love homemade beauty recipes as you know just what you are putting on your body and with this DIY vanilla peppermint lip scrub you are only using things that you would happily eat.
DIY Vanilla Peppermint Lip Scrub
Yields: 1/4 cup (will fill 3 small lip balm containers)
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
3 lip balm containers (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons coconut oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
5-6 drops peppermint essential oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
2-3 drops Wilton Treatology vanilla custard flavoring* or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
3-4 drops Vitamin E Oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
How to make DIY Vanilla Peppermint Lip Scrub
2. Add the peppermint essential oil, vanilla flavoring and vitamin E oil and stir until well blended.
3. Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
Instructions for use:
1. Wet your lips and apply the vanilla peppermint sugar lip scrub generously to your lips.
2. Using your index finger, gently scrub in a circular motion. This will help the sugar exfoliate any dry and dead skin and allow the coconut oil to moisturize your lips.
3. Leave the lip scrub on your lips for about one minute. Enjoy the warm and energizing aromas of vanilla and peppermint!
4. Rinse with warm water.
5. Pat dry with towel.
6. Apply your favorite lip balm.