Do you suffer from cracked or dry lips? I am very lucky that apart from cold sores I don’t, but the husbeast and Maxi both do. This DIY vanilla peppermint lip scrub is perfect for both of them and also is a great gift too. It not only is great for exfoliation and removing dead skin cells it also adds moisture, tastes and smells amazing. Giving perfectly kissable lips!
I love a homemade beauty product as you know just what you are putting on your body and with this DIY vanilla peppermint lip scrub, you are only using things that you would happily eat.
DIY Vanilla Peppermint Lip Scrub
Yields: 1/4 cup (will fill 3 small lip balm containers)
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
3 lip balm containers (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons coconut oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
5-6 drops peppermint essential oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link) also called peppermint extract or peppermint oil.
2-3 drops Wilton Treatology vanilla custard flavoring* or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
3-4 drops Vitamin E Oil (Affiliate links – UK Link/US Link)
How to make DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub
1. In a small bowl, add the sugar and coconut oil. Mix until well incorporated. This is the sugar scrub part of the product which is the base for all lip scrub recipes. Some people would use brown sugar (perfect for coffee or chocolate ones or you could use natural cane sugar).
2. Add the peppermint essential oil, vanilla flavouring and vitamin E oil and stir until well blended. You can decorate with candy canes as we have below.
3. Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store for up to 3 months.
How to use DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub
1. Wet your lips and apply the vanilla peppermint sugar lip scrub generously to your lips.
2. Using your fingertips gently scrub in a circular motion. This will help the sugar in the homemade lip scrub exfoliate any dry and dead skin and allow the coconut oil to moisturize your lips.
3. Leave the lip scrub on your lips for about one minute. Enjoy the warm and energizing aromas of vanilla and peppermint!
4. Rinse with warm water.
5. Pat dry with a towel.
6. Apply your favourite lip balm.
This is an excellent addition to your beauty routine and you want to use it on a regular basis.
Check out our other DIY Beauty Products
- DIY Salt Scrub that is exfoliating and moisturising
- DIY Bath Melts that Foam
- 20 Relaxing DIY Bath Soaks
- DIY Foaming Bath and Shower Oil