Part of our Spring tradition is making an Easter Bonnet for the Kids Easter Party. I used to be one of those parents that wanted it all to be perfect and symmetrical, but over the years I have learnt to sit on my hands and let the boys take over. In my humble opinion, my boys Easter Bonnets might not look perfect, but they are kid made.
One of the things I love about Easter is Easter Bonnets and the fact that more is always more when it comes to letting kids lose with the glue and craft materials. Also lots of shops have now cottoned on and you can get Easter bonnet-making kits at an “egg-celent” price. Even if your child isn’t taking part in an organized competition or easter bonnet parade you can arrange one with your friends and family or just have fun making homemade easter bonnets.
I took a hamper of easter goodies from around to my best friend’s house and spent an hour with her youngest who is 3 and let him create his own Easter Bonnet.
Put together your own Easter Bonnet Kit
It is so easy to put other a little craft hamper full of things to make Easter Bonnets, In fact, you can pop an easter craft hamper together full of craft supplies and it will keep the kids busy for most of the Easter holidays.
- Pom poms
- Straw hat
- plastic Eggs
- Green tissue paper
- Easter themed stickers
- Mini Chicks and Chickens
- Mini Bunnies
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Gun or Glue
- Cotton Wool
- Paper Flowers
- Pipe cleaners
This post contains affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
Easter Bonnet Ideas
If you are looking for some inspiration for egg-cellant Easter Bonnets then you have come to the right place. We have rounded up a fab resource for you full of ideas for toddlers and above. There are easy ideas that kids can do themselves perfectly for last minute easter hat parades to more in-depth easter egg crowns with in-depth tutorials there really is a DIY Easter Hat for everyone.
- Easter bonnet headband by Mama Peapod
- Hot Cross Bun hat
- Tissue paper Easter bonnet by The Zing Zing Tree
- Easter Egg Carton Hat by Where the Smiles Have Been
- Springtime Easter Bonnet by Sun hats & Wellie Boots
- Easter Sheep Hat b
- Paper plate Easter bonnet by Domestique Godesque
- Nest Easter bonnet by Thinly Spread
- Birds nest Easter bonnet by Me and my shadow
- Garden basket hat by Teach me mommy
- Gravity Defying Easter Bonnet by Where the Smiles have been
- Paper plate Easter bonnet by Naturally educational
- Superhero Rabbit Hat
- Grass and Flowers Easter Bonnet
- Marvel Comic Easter Bonnet
- Chick Easter Bonnet by Little Crafty Bugs
- LEGO Ninjago Bunny hat
- Carrot Hat by Childhood 101
- Cotton wool bunny Easter bonnet by Here come the girls
- Cardboard Easter bonnet by Mummy, Mummy, Mum
- Grass Easter headband by Snotty noses
- Felt Easter Crown by Thinly Spread
- Paper mache Easter hats by Buddy and Buggy
- Paper Plate Bunny Ear Hat – tutorial: Netmums.com
- Chick and Bunny Easter cone hats from One Perfect Day
- Paper bag bonnet by Green Owl Art
- Easter Chicken – image credit here
- Rabbit in a Hat
- Newspaper Easter bonnets by Red Ted Art
- Daffodil Hat by Clairs Make and Do
- Pompom chick bonnet by Nurturestore
- Stacked Duck bonnet
- Cream Egg Hat by The Wild Things
- Egg Shell Hat by The Organised Housewife
- Chicken Hat with template
There really is the perfect hat for Easter Sunday or any Eater Hat Parade!
Thanks for sharing the paper plate Easter Bonnet, Jen!
Such wonderful ideas, I can remember having to make an Easter bonnet when I was a child
Such fantastic ideas! I remember making these at school 🙂 xx
So many lovely ideas! Thanks for including mine.
What wonderful ideas and so colourful. I wish i still had little ones then i could make them bonnets too. Don’t think it would go down to well with the teens x
What cute little ideas! The brighter the better I say x
I can’t say we’ve ever even thought about making an Easter bonnet but I’m not sure why! Some of those are just brilliant!
I love the one with the daffodils! Very cute, we might have to attempt an easter bonnet now – thank you for the inspiration! x
Love these, especially the pom pom one – it’s so much fun!
It has been years since I made an Easter bonnet what some lovely ideas 🙂 x
Some fabulous ideas for Easter crafts – it’s so fun to make bonnets with the kids at this time of year 🙂 x
What a sweet idea! I totally forgot about easter bonnets and remember making them in school! I might add this to our easter activity list. x
Gorgeous, as your craft creations always are Jen!
So many wonderful Easter bonnet ideas! Nice to have a good selection so you can pick out one to suit your child and your crafting ability.
I love this, for some reason wherever my kids have been, we have never had to make Easter bonnets, feel like I am missing out on some fun crafting opportunities!
oh im loving these ideas although its nto usually bonnets we make
Wonderful as ever x
Plenty of ideas here for a colourful Easter
Easter bonnets are one of my fave bits about Easter! .. (sorry I’m so really religious) family time and Easter bonnets get me every time x
Our school does nothing around easter so never get a chance to make anything like this
some great ideas for the Easter bonnets. I have been really bad and have ever done one. I might need to change that tradition.
I am loving the daffodil Easter Bonnet x
Pingback: Amazing Easter Bonnet Ideas with The Works | Tots 100
what a great collection of easter lovliness
I love the one with the big purple flower. Screams spring!
What a great round up. Thank you for sharing it with us #pintorials
aww I really remember making an easter bonnet as a child. These are so cute! x