Part of our Spring tradition is making an Easter Bonnet for the Kids Easter Party. I used to be one of those parents that wanted it all to be perfect and symmetrical, but over the years I have learnt to sit on my hands and let the boys take over. In my humble opinion, my boys Easter Bonnets might not look perfect, but they are kid made.
One of the things I love about Easter is Easter Bonnets and the fact that more is always more when it comes to letting kids lose with the glue and craft materials. Also lots of shops have now cottoned on and you can get Easter bonnet-making kits at an “egg-celent” price. Even if your child isn’t taking part in an organized competition or easter bonnet parade you can arrange one with your friends and family or just have fun making homemade easter bonnets.
I took a hamper of easter goodies from around to my best friend’s house and spent an hour with her youngest who is 3 and let him create his own Easter Bonnet.
Put together your own Easter Bonnet Kit
It is so easy to put other a little craft hamper full of things to make Easter Bonnets, In fact, you can pop an easter craft hamper together full of craft supplies and it will keep the kids busy for most of the Easter holidays.
- Pom poms
- Straw hat
- plastic Eggs
- Green tissue paper
- Easter themed stickers
- Mini Chicks and Chickens
- Mini Bunnies
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Gun or Glue
- Cotton Wool
- Paper Flowers
- Pipe cleaners
This post contains affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
Easter Bonnet Ideas
If you are looking for some inspiration for egg-cellant Easter Bonnets then you have come to the right place. We have rounded up a fab resource for you full of ideas for toddlers and above. There are easy ideas that kids can do themselves perfectly for last minute easter hat parades to more in-depth easter egg crowns with in-depth tutorials there really is a DIY Easter Hat for everyone.
- Easter bonnet headband by Mama Peapod
- Hot Cross Bun hat
- Tissue paper Easter bonnet by The Zing Zing Tree
- Easter Egg Carton Hat by Where the Smiles Have Been
- Springtime Easter Bonnet by Sun hats & Wellie Boots
- Easter Sheep Hat b
- Paper plate Easter bonnet by Domestique Godesque
- Nest Easter bonnet by Thinly Spread
- Birds nest Easter bonnet by Me and my shadow
- Garden basket hat by Teach me mommy
- Gravity Defying Easter Bonnet by Where the Smiles have been
- Paper plate Easter bonnet by Naturally educational
- Superhero Rabbit Hat
- Grass and Flowers Easter Bonnet
- Marvel Comic Easter Bonnet
- Chick Easter Bonnet by Little Crafty Bugs
- LEGO Ninjago Bunny hat
- Carrot Hat by Childhood 101
- Cotton wool bunny Easter bonnet by Here come the girls
- Cardboard Easter bonnet by Mummy, Mummy, Mum
- Grass Easter headband by Snotty noses
- Felt Easter Crown by Thinly Spread
- Paper mache Easter hats by Buddy and Buggy
- Paper Plate Bunny Ear Hat – tutorial: Netmums.com
- Chick and Bunny Easter cone hats from One Perfect Day
- Paper bag bonnet by Green Owl Art
- Easter Chicken – image credit here
- Rabbit in a Hat
- Newspaper Easter bonnets by Red Ted Art
- Daffodil Hat by Clairs Make and Do
- Pompom chick bonnet by Nurturestore
- Stacked Duck bonnet
- Cream Egg Hat by The Wild Things
- Egg Shell Hat by The Organised Housewife
- Chicken Hat with template
There really is the perfect hat for Easter Sunday or any Eater Hat Parade!