We are half way through the Easter holidays here in the Mad House and we are trying to be as frugal as possible, so that we can save up for a shad for the garden. So we are doing as much no cost spring activities as we can.
Now I know this can be a lot simpler for me as a I have a HUGE cupboard full of craft items and we can work our way through those without having to buy anything new, but I know that isn’t always as possible for everyone. So here are some fun free activities perfect for Spring.
10 Free Spring activities
- Get outside and play football or cricket. My boys are ten and nearly nine and as soon as they get outside and play a huge group of kids join in.
- Go to the park, woods or the beach. We are pretty lucky to have two out of three within walking distance and the other within cycling distance.
- Get outside in the garden. clear the weeds, pick up the litter and prepare the soil for planting. Or if you are lucky enough to have a trampoline get bouncing. Small kids love painting with just water and a paintbrush. Why not give all the outside toys a good clean ready for summer.
- Go on an adventure (what I always call a walk to try and interest the boys)! You could go looking for things of certain colours, a nature hunt or even geocaching.
- Go to the Library. We love visiting the local library and why not go and find books all about Spring.
- Go fly a kite. We are lucky enough to have a couple of kites, but if you don’t then you could always make one first.
- Make and sail boats – we always have a large recycling pile, which is perfect for junk modeling, so set a challenge to make a boat and sail it.
- Bird Watch – spring is a great time for making some bird food and watching the birds coming in to the garden.
- Have a family bubble blowing competition. We have a favorite homemade bubble solution mix and love making the most of Spring days!
- Paint the pavement – making sidewalk paint was one of our earliest tutorials and we still love making it. You could use if to make a hopscotch game and have some fun.
What are your favorite free family activities to do in the Spring?
As it is Easter Sunday, has the Easter Bunny visited your family? I loved this free bunny footprint template from My Bored Toddler
Do you have a post that is about thrifty parenting, decorating or lifestyle. One that is about frugal food or crafts and art. or even a post about making the post of what you have, then please do link up. Each week we make sure we pin the post, feature some on our facebook pages and then we each have a round up on a Sunday.
Let’s all share that being frugal can be fabulous.
<a href=”https://www.muminthemadhouse.com/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>
<img src=”https://www.muminthemadhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fab-frugal-mad-house.jpg” alt=”The Mad House” width=”250″ height=”250″ />