There is something about Christmas that just inspires me and I think I have said before we do not buy the adults in our family Christmas gifts, so this year I decided to make use of my dried orange slices and make some home made christmas wreaths for my mother in law and sister in law.
- Artificial wreath (I wanted it to last year to year)
- Dried orange slices
- Florists wire
- Cinnamon sticks (from the florist as they are much cheaper)
- Florists wire
- Glue gun
- Decorations (I used both wooden ones and also felt one too)
I got my smaller wreaths from Tesco for 97p and the larger ones from Hobby Craft on a three for two for £3.49 Method:
- Firstly I dried my oranges slices and allowed them to dry.
- For each wreath I made five orange, ribbon and cinnamon decorations by tying a bow in the ribbon and threading some florist wire through the back, then thread the wire through the orange slice. Using the glue gun apply a blob of glue to the rear of the orange and attach the cinnamon stick and wrap with the wire and allow to dry.
- Then position your orange decorations on the wreath and using the wire tie them in.
- Attach any other decorations or embellishments either with florists wire or a hot glue gun.
What a beautiful wreath! Love it x
I’m sure they will love them. I really need to think about getting a glue gun. they seem so useful! Juliex
Jen, it is lovely. Thanks for the tip about cinnamon sticks – I had no idea you could buy them from the florist. x
I have been looking at the pictures of your wreaths ever since you started posting them and I am inspired. Next year I am doing a homemade Xmas a la mum the madhouse 🙂