I believe very strongly that children should be taught the importance of thank you cards, not just to keep up the tradition, but as a lesson in thankfulness and taking some time and effort to sit and think about the person who gave them the gift. I find one of the best ways to do this is making homemade thank you cards with the boys and using the time to talk about why we are grateful for gifts we are given.
We pulled this collection of homemade thank you cards together for everyone who would like some inspiration for cards that kids can actually make themselves.
- Fingerprint monster thank you cards
- Toddler made thank you cards from Multicraftingmummy
- Rainbow thank you cards by Meaningful Mam
- Thank you cards even a one year old can make from Hodge Podge Crafts
- Free printable thank you cards by Kids Activities Blog
- Gratitude cards by The Good Long Road
- Thumbprint note cards from Local Fun for Kids
- Robin thumbprint thank you cards
- Ocra printed thank you cards by The Imagination Tree
- Recycled art thank you cards by The Artful Parent
- Cork Print Snowman Cards by Red Ted Art
- Crayon resist thank you cards by Happy Hooligans
- Butterfly thank you card by Meaningful Mama
- Cotton Wool thank you cards by Nurturestore
- Flower fingerprint cards by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Peekaboo thank you cards by Tinkerlab
- Photo colouring thank you cards by Here comes the girls
- Hand drawn thank you cards by Kids Activities Blog
- Potato print thank you cards by Kitchen Floor crafts
- Stamped and coloured thank you cards by See Vanessa Craft
- Starry night thank you cards by The Artful Parent
- Shaving cream thank you cards by Teaching Mama
- LEGO printed cards by The Imagination Tree
- Funny thank you cards by Kids Activities Blog
- Watercolour thank you cards by Happy Hooligans
- Sunflower thank you cards by Red Ted Art
- Snowflake thank you cards by No time for flashcards
- Hand and footprint thank you cards by Fun handprint art
- Polkadot thank you cards by Meaningful Mam
- More fingerprint thank you cards
- Pressed flower thank you cards by Here comes the girls
- Marbled thank you cards by Enchanted Homeschool Mom
- Apple printed thank you cards
With all these thank you cards you will be needed some snazzy envelopes to pop them in. We tend to use card stock that we already have and fold it in half to make the card and it is fun to find the perfect envelope to put them in.
Ooo you are the voice of my conscience – I’ve not thought about Xmas thank you cards yet! On it now!
I love the idea of home made cards, I’ll take a look through these and see if I can make some with my boy 🙂 xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet
Something for everyone to enjoy there – thank you for sharing
So many people tend to just text or email their Thanks!! I love receiving cards and letters and a home made card would mean a lot to me.
what a great list – thanks for sharing!
A great list of ideas – I love the fingerprint cards. We really really must get around to doing our Christmas thank yous!
Oh this is brilliant and just perfect timing for me x
Still on my to do list. On it this weekend. Thanks.
Thanks so much for including our thank you cards!
The others look awesome too – am off to check them out 🙂
I love getting thank you cards, they are such a nice gesture and quite persona at the same time, something an email doesn’t quite give you x
Hi Jen. Thank you for your follow on Twitter. Nice to meet you. I love all the options you’ve put together here, a big thank you. Amongst the madness of setting up the blog, thank you cards have completely slipped my mind, so this has just spurred me on and I am on my way to delve into the art draw at home! Katie @minsandmore
Great list and I love that you make the kids do thank you cards! I really need to start making F doing this! x
we really need to get better at sending thank you cards
We really believe in the importance of thank you cards too…mine made theirs too. Great post.
I agree and we send thank you notes I think its important that the thank you is given in person. Now Chloe is older she texts which is fine by me but i get Erin to do drawings or cards.
Your CommentsThese such great ideas! And they are all so cute. Wonderful!