Maggie at Red Ted Art (who has a new craft book out) hosts a regular Google + Hangout and this weeks was all about Pinecone crafts. Mini has been studying nocturnal animals this week, so we decided to make a pinecone owl.
This is one of those crafts that you can adjust dependent on the age of your child yu cutting out all the felt (or foam) and allowing them to glue it or they can cut it out and glue it too. I made templates for the boys to draw around on the felt with a soft pencil and they cut out the felt themselves.
- Felt (or craft foam) in yellow, brown and orange
- googly eyes
- Glue gun or glue (Maxi uses a glue gun, but mini uses craft PVA)
- Cut out in yellow a figure of eight shape for the base of the eyes larger than your googly eyes and stick the eyes to it.
- Then using orange felt or foam cut out a small triangle for the beak and curves with points which are the owls feet.
- You cut out a square in brown for the owls hat – approximately 2 inches in size, but this depends on your pine cone.
- Cut two triangles for the owls wings
Other Pinecone crafts I have done over the years include:
Pinecone and heart garland
- Maggy of Red Ted Art has showed us her Christmas pine cone craft.She also has pine cone babies, pine cone fairies, Autumn mobile.
- Ali of Kids Chaos pine cone hedgehog
- Anthea of Zing Zing Tree pine cone pets
- Katieof The Fairy and the Frog fairy forest
- Aly of Plus 2.4 did fab pine cone painting
- Kelly of Domestic Goddesque painted pine cone door decoration
- Liz of Me and my shadow pine cone photo holders
- Cerys of Rainy Day Mum pine cone weather station