I have been using the Janome Horizon 8200QCP for well over a year now and thought that it was about time I did a review. The Memory Craft 8200QCP is a long arm machine with an 11inch arm space to the right of the needle with an RRP of £1699.00.
Even though I have been using this machine for over a year I still haven’t used all of the features or the stitches (it has over 170 of them). What I have discovered is that the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP is that it is a fabulous all-round machine and the only sewing machine you will need whether you are a quilter, dressmaker or bag maker.
There are so many features to look forward to when using the Janome Memory Craft Horizon 8200 QCP sewing machine including:
- The top-loading full rotary hook bobbin system
- Auto-declutch bobbin winder
- 7-piece feed dog
- Adjustable sewing speed
- Start/Stop button
- Adjustable foot pressure
- Twin needle guard
- Memorized Needle Up/Down position
- Extra high presser foot lift
- One-hand needle threader
- Built-in automatic thread cutter
- Adjustable knee lifter
- Five extra-bright built-in LED lights
- Detachable accessories case for free arm sewing
- Adjustable stitch length and width
As mainly a quilter I have to say I adore this machine. I mainly use it with the straight stitch plate on and with the quarter inch foot or with the AcuFeed walking foot. I have straight line quilted and free motion quilted on this machine and it gives a fabulous quality of stitch.
What I love about the Janome Memory Craft Horizon 8200 QCP sewing machine:
- The 11-inch arm space – this is key to being able to quilt larger quilts comfortably.
- The ease at which the machine handles different fabrics, including voile, six layers of fabric and foam interfacing when making bags.
- The simplicity of use – you can not snap a needle by having the wrong stitch plate in. it beeps and prevents you from sewing. It is really straight forward to use and really intuitive.
- The ease of changing the stitch plates.
- Lots of storage to keep all your accessories together.
- Quiet – this is key when you are sewing on an evening and don’t want to wake the kids!
- It comes with a table extension.
- It has a thread cut button. I could never have a machine without one now.
Seriously there isn’t anything I don’t like. It has been a real revelation for me. I was using a John Lewis machine, so this was a big step up for me. I love this machine so much that I even take it to guild with me rather than my small one regardless of it being heavier.