The sun has started to shine and it has made me feel as though I need to get on with the spring cleaning. In fact I am steaming in to spring, thanks to Karcher.
We have been reviewing the Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2.500 for the last month or so as part of their 2014 ambassador program and I have to say we are really impressed.
I have never owned a multi purpose steam cleaner before, but now feel that every household should have one. The boys have named ours Arthur and he has get to have been put away since we got him.
- The Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2.500 is a multipurpose steam cleaner and is powerful enough to clean the floor and the oven. It cleaned grubby grout making it sparkling white.
- It is easy to use and the tools are store back in the body of the machine
- The cloths that attach to the tools are toweling so easy and inexpensive to replace (as we use the machine a lot I needed more cloths as I do not wash that often!
- No chemicals are used. As someone who has had cancer and who’s children might have the same genetic spelling mistake it is important to me not to use anything that could possibly carcinogenic.
- The steam can melt fat (It did a great job on our cooker hood)
- It is compact enough to fit in our cupboard, but the water tank is large enough that I can clean the whole of the hard floor downstairs.
- It didn’t scare the dog!
We weren’t keen:
- Oh how I wish the power cable had been longer and also retractable (it is 4 meters long).
- It is an investment piece of equipment at around £232
- It takes a while to heat up ready for use and I am an impatient soul!
Now I am going to admit that I don’t have any pictures of massive transformations, but we live in a house that is only eight years old and in an area that doesn’t have limescale, however, the steam cleaner has made cleaning much more of a pleasure and I feel that my home is clean without the chemicals which is such a relief and we had a bout of a sickness bug and I made sure that I cleaned everything with the steam cleaner and I managed to avoid getting it, which is something of a miracle.
I really loved how fast it cleaned the boys trip traps and it also did a superb job on the bathroom too.
WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THE WATER COMPARTMENT UNTIL YOU ARE SURE IT HAS COOLED DOWN. A friend of mine opened the lid quite a while after finishing cleaning and the boiling steam under pressure exploded into her face. Luckily after a week the burns faded but she had to had her eyes tested (also luckily ok) and had to keep her skin out of the sun for a whole year. I’m sure the cleaning is great, just be careful.
I’m enjoying my Karcher steam cleaner too Jen, it has made the floors so much easier.
Rachel – it must be a different design, there is nothing to open on this one with the water.