We had an amazing day at Lightwater Valley last week with friends. Between us we had six boys aged between two and nine and each and everyone of them had THE BEST day ever (their words) and have already made us promise to take them all back next summer.
So I thought I would share with you what made it such a good day and our tips to get the most out of your time at Lightwater Valley:
- Get their early – The gates open at 9.45, we arrived around 9.20 and collected our tickets. The boys were entertained in the queue by a fab magician and before we knew it the gates were opened.
- The bigger rides do not open till 10.30am, so there is no mad dash to get anywhere.
- We love the fact that there are rides for younger children next to ones for the thrill seeker and whilst Maxi was on the Eagle’s Claw, Mini and the younger children rose the tractors at Eagles Farm.
- Leave your picnic in the car and return to get it at lunchtime. The car park is close to the theme park, so it doesn’t take long.
- There are lots and lots of green areas and picnic tables. In fact it is lovely to sit and eat your picnic under a tree.
- The bins are all covered so there wasn’t too many wasps.
- Don’t let rain bother you. We went on a day when rain was forecast and we had NO queues.
- The new Angry Birds adventure park is a MUST. Our boys spent a good hour playing there. It is well designed and suitable for all ages. We even managed to have a cup of tea whilst watching them.
- There are magic shows indoors and also birds of prey shows included in your ticket price.
We had a fantastic time and refused to let the very angry, rude, offensive and classless man who decided to swear at Mini and threatened to “give him one” for bumping in to his child in the Angry birds park ruin our day. When I took him up on swearing at my child and asked that if he had any issues to come to me as his mother, he then threatened to hit me too and called me a fat bleep! It has come to something when a four year old turns round and feels the need to tell an adult that swearing is unacceptable!
Looks like a fab day!! Every year I went there when I was at school for the summer school trip…lol