We have had a really horrible afternoon here in TheMadhouse, following what had been a good morning. MadDad decided to do some DIY including changing a light fitting in the Study/Craft/Ironing room, which took far much longer than expected and we also put up a shelf in MiniMads room.
Well all was quiet, which is very unusual here, but we were busy, so carried on. Big Mistake. MiniMad had located my razor, which is away in a drawer and I dont think he has ever seen me use it to be honest, but that didn’t stop him creating carnage.
There was blood everywhere, he was screaming, MaxiMad was panicking. In the end me and MadDad stripped him off and tried to located the source of the bleeding, by this time, all four of us were covered in blood, looking like something out of a Halloween party.
We managed to find one cut on his leg, where he had tried to shave and a nasty slice at the end of his thumb, which was were most of the blood was coming from.
We cleaned his wound and then applied gauze and lots of pressure and made a dash to the A&E, where he was treated immediately.
He is fine now (yes even smiling and covered in I have been brave). I am shaking from shock and have been sick twice. But we coped very well. I am so thankful that I did a paediatric first aid course when both the boys were small, it meant that I knew what to do and just acted before thinking.
So what I am asking is please, please, please ensure that your razors are out of reach. Children are very inquisitive by nature and you never know what they might find.
Both of ours are now in a locked cabinet. I am so thankful that it wasn’t to serious and no lasting damage was done (well I am not sure how long it will take my heart to recover).
Oh and bless him, he has just come in and given me one of his stickers for being a very brave mummy.