Do you celebrate the New Year with your children? As my boys are getting older they are starting to be involved in our New Years celebration and I thought that a paper plate countdown clock would be great fun to make and use.
What you need:
- Paper Plates
- Split Pins which are sometimes called Paper Fasteners
- Pens or crayons
- Paper numbers (for younger children)
How to make
- Cut out the hands from contrasting card, making one longer than the other for the minute hand.
- Place the numbers round the clock, this is easier if you to the 12, 3, 6 and 9 first.
- Make a small hole in the center of the plate for the hands and use the split pin to secure
We also decided to make our clocks bright and sparkly, so we used glittery and metallic card to make the numbers and the clock hands. I had also run out of paper plates (after our Christmas Eve party, so used card and drew round a large paper to make the base for the clock.
Don’t worry if you don’t have the time to make a paper plate clock or want to have something a little less hands off with the kids, I also made a free New Year countdown clock printable.
If you like this, then why not take a look at our previous tell the time paper plate clock, which has lift up flaps with minutes to help with telling the time.
Looking for more New years inspiration, then why not take a look at my Pinterest board
Follow Jen Walshaw’s board New year and Chinese New Year on Pinterest.
Pingback: New Years Resolutions and Intentions for Families - Mum In The Madhouse- Mum In The Madhouse