Do you let your children bring in the New Year? I love how excited kids get about New Year’s Eve and they really want to be part of the New Years Eve celebration and will try so hard to try to stay up until Midnight, but never make it! We have a small celebration with our best friends and their four boys, so we do lots of new years eve crafts and activities with the kids and sometimes we have an early New Year’s Eve Celebration so that they can feel part of the fun.
I love ringing in the changes with our decorations and we often take down a lot of the Christmas decor and swap it for some New Years decorations and themed ideas. We talk about what has happened in the previous year and our hopes and aspirations for the coming year and set our New Year’s resolutions. As a family, we set our intentions for the year ahead. One of MadDad’s last year was to “be grouchy with style”!
So that you can have a fab fun New Year’s Eve celebration I have rounded up over 50 new year’s crafts and activities that are kid-friendlyas I believe that children shouldn’t have to miss out on any New Year’s Party.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
New Years Eve Crafts and Activities
- Glitter ice cubes – Fun for toasting in the New yet, but make sure you use edible glitter
- Pop up homemade firework craft – Fun and safe for at home. I love this idea.
- New year T-Shirt – You can pick up inexpensive teashirts in the supermarket now and I like these fabric pens as they are like felt tips or you can use these which are like crayons and perfect for little hands.
- New years wishing tree – this is fun for all the family and would look great as a centerpice for any new years celebration.
- DIY Party Noisemaker Blower – All children love noisemakers!
- Year in review free printable – This is a great conversation starter
- New Years wishing wall – A fabulous way to share and dispplay your intentions and resolutions for the coming year.
- Celebration play dough – This would be fun for all year too.
- Matchbox confetti – Yet another way to use up confetti
- New years paperchain – perfect for decoration.
- Balloon countdown pop – My boys love a balloon and I think they would rather play with them than pop them.
- New Years sensory play – Tuen a celebration in to science!
- New years wish crackers – You can even add working cracker snaps to your party crackers.
- New years printable games – I love these games, fun for all the family.
- New Years printable scavenger hunt – This should keep the kids quiet for oh, all of 7 minutes!
- Cookies and milk toast – Don’t leave the kids out when it comes to toasting in the new year
- Pipe cleaner wands – This would be fantastic fun for a group of children and I love beads.
- Free printable new years hats – These are so simple to make.
- Paint and eat fortune cookies for New Year – Such a kid-friendly way to celebrate
- Clock hats – Yes, a hat and a clock, you can use tfor the new years countdown. I love party hats
- New year discovery bottle – perfect for toddlers
- New Years wishing wand – I know a lot of children that would love to make these pretty wands
- Printable Clock I.D. Tags – A brillaint way to know whos drink is whos.
- Christmas Eve countdown cookies – a countdown and a snack all in one
- New years glasses craft – How cute is this new years craft?
- New year time capsule for kids – The kids will love making this.
- Family time capsule ornament – You can get ornaments that open and make one each year.
- New years surprise kit – Keep them ocupied and supprised!
- New years mocktails – Don’t leave out the teatotalers
- Celebration play dough – I love the look of this, so sparkly.
- New year countdown bags and free printable – Fill them with this like party poppers and bubble wands.
- Make New Year’s Cookies with the Kids – You can make the cookies in advance and use icing pens
- New Year’s Art for Toddlers – I love the idea of using a foil turkey cooking tray to contain the glitter.
- New Years Eve Bath – For my boys water always calmed them down.
- Watercolour pinwheel decorations – These are stunning.
- New years Eve Sensory Box – Sensory bins are a great way to keep kids calm and occupied.
- Pompom shooter You could also use this to shoot marshmallows
- Glitter cloud dough A great sensory activity for youger children that is easy to prep in advance.
- Word of the year – This is a great family activity.
- New years time capsule with printable
- Create a Memory String – Such a fun family activity and a real excuse for moms to print out photos from the year.
- New Year’s Eve Slime Again another great sensory activity.
- New year tree – I love the idea of changing the christmas tree in to a new year tree
- Glitter party hat – Sparkle and a party hat – win, win.
- New years wishing drums – What a fun, if noisy craft.
- Resolution flower for kids – Another great famikly activity.
- New Year’s Eve Activity Kids Countdown Chain – Keep the kids occupied throughout the evening.
- Edible party horns – No noise and food. perfect
- New Year paper Fortune Cookies – I think these would be a fun addition to any new year’s eve party
- New year’s eve bingo – A fun new year’s eve idea
- DIY party poppers – Fun for the little ones
- Party Popcorn – I love seasonal popcorn
- Fireworks Rings – easy to make and kids will love them
- New years surprise ball So many fun ideas in this one post.
- Clock Countdown Quesadilla
- New years Eve Memory Jar– A great way to record the year before
- Paper Plate Countdown Clock – As this is your own clock you control the time.
- DIY Confetti Poppers – Confetti or pom poims or even marshmallows
- DIY Disco Ball – Just what every party needs
- Cupcake Liner Fireworks – Kids will love this craft
How do you celebrate the New Year?
I have updated our New Years Eve party printables for this year too.