Painting Plant Pots
I am always on the look out for homemade gifts that we can make as a family and this is one of those. Really easy to make, inexpensive, but oh so effective. In fact this is the perfect Spring project and makes a great Mothers Day or Easter Gift.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials and content for you. Thank you!
Terracotta Plants Pots
Emulsion paint (we got some tester pots, as we only have cream in the house)
White acrylic paint
Pencil with eraser in the end.
- Paint each of the plant pots and allow to dry, some may need a second coat, but this is pretty fast work.
- We chose to just pop white acrylic as spots all over the pots, this way the boys could do it themselves and they really enjoyed it. By using the end of a pencil with an eraser on it was pretty simple.
- Again leave to dry, then cover with a layer of varnish.
- We made sure that we painted the top of the inside of the pots too.
- Then we added a primula in to each, et voila. A simple, easy and very effective Mothers day gift. Oh and it cost all of 30p for the pots, 59p each for the plants and a little paint and time.