Treating head lice has always been a real challenge, especially when I do not want to expose my children to chemicals and nasties. This is where KIT & COCO come in. I really believe that they are going to revolutionise the treatment and prevention of head lice.
I am going to admit that I am currently scratching my head, even though I know that we are all head lice free! As a mum of two school age boys I know all there is to know about head lice and the myths surrounding the critters as they are known in our home.
The boys have been putting KIT & COCO through their paces and trying out their products.
What we love about KIT & COCO
- It effective plant-based active ingredients to free little heads from tiny pests!
- It is simple to use and paraben free. We didn’t have any reactions and Maxi has eczema.
- It is based on coconut oil and is also a moisturising treatment for the hair.
- It is so simple to use, either 15 minutes to kill the lice or 45 minutes to eradicate the lice and the nits.
- It isn’t all about treatment, but there is a focus on prevention that we feel is ingenious. The protective mousse protects and nourishes the hair for 24 hours and Maxi loved it on his curls. Whilst the protective spray is a great detangler and perfect for using on the KIT & COCO headband. I think the idea of using the protective spray on to hair bands or hair slides and scrunchies is a great way to protecting long hair.
- The treatment leaves the hair really soft and easy to comb through. This is something we have had issues with in the past, I have very thick hair and Maxi hates his hair being combed.
In the past when one of the boys got head lice, it would mean that the whole family had to go through treatment and weekly combing for two to three weeks to ensure that we didn’t keep passing it to each other and it was always such a chore with sour faces all round. Using KIT & COCO has been a real pleasure. It doesn’t sting or have a noxious smell. It isn’t greasy and you do not have to wash the product out.
I would still wash bedding, brushes, sofa, cushions, toys, hats etc (anywhere heads have been resting or touched) . Whilst head lice cannot survive away from the human head for much longer than a day or so, it’s still probably a wise move to do a good wash of the things or if you can not wash them then give them a hoover or pop them in an airtight bag to avoid re-infestation.
Each of the KIT & COCO sets is brilliant and you get pretty much everything you need. The Complete Treatment Kit contains everything you need to combat head lice and nits, including four treatment shampoos (we used one shampoo on Mini, one and a half on Maxi and I needed three), gentle ergonomic nit comb, applicator brush, protective shower cap and a surprise treat (which the boys LOVED) and has an RRP of £15.75. You can also get a refill kit consisting of four shampoos for £10.75.
The 24-hour protective spray with a stylish headband accessory is £12.50 – we would love a larger spray without the headband please and the mousse is £9.50.
I did manage to get a snap of Mini mucking around in the headband! We are now real fans of the KIT & COCO range and have been telling everyone how great they are.
For more information visit http://uk.kitandcoco.com/
Win One of Five KIT & COCO treatment kits
I have teamed up with the wonderful people at KIT & COCO to give five lucky readers the chance to win a KIT & COCO treatment kit.
KIT & COCO