Hoorah! Its British Pie Week!
We love pies in The Mad House, both savory and sweets ones and they are perfect for using with leftovers and also for cooking with kids. So in celebration I have a cooking with kids pie special. For the purpose of this round up, I am also including tarts and quiches which have a pastry bottom! For those reader in the UK I have teamed up with pie makers Higgidy to celebrate British Pie Week, so do read to the end to see our fab giveaway.
Pies, cooking with kids
- Chicken and leek patchwork pie from In the playroom
- Mini heart pies from Tinkerlab
- Chicken pot pies from Happiness is homemade
- Cheesy Lentil Pie from A Mummy Too
- Asparagus Quiche by Thinly Spread
- Marvelous Mince Pies by Frugaliscious Food
- Easy chicken pot pies from Crystal and Co
- Turkey and stuffing pies from Fishfingers for tea
- Mushroom, Chestnut and Stilton Pie by Thinly Spread
- How to make the perfect pastry crust from Meaningful Momma
- Easy Homemade Pie Crust from Homemade freinds
- Pumpkin Pie from My Small Potatoes
- Strawberry Pie from Mommy Endeavors
- Meat and potato hot crust pie from Fishfingers for tea
- Apple pie from My Life and Kids
- Asparagus, Walnut and Brie Filo Pie by Thinly Spread
- Pies made from leftovers by Diary of a Frugal Family
- Lamb, spinach and filo pie by The Purple Pumpkin Blog
To help you celebrate Pie Week this year, West Sussex based piemakers Higgidy are giving away some exciting prizes to help you make delicious pies in your very own kitchen. All you need to do is enter below for a chance to win a copy of The Higgidy Cookbook, featuring 100 recipes for pies and more, and a Higgidy apron. What better excuse is there to cook up a storm in the kitchen and impress your friends and family with your pie baking skills? And, in case you don’t feel like cooking, they’ve also popped in some vouchers, so you can pick up some of their delicious pies from the supermarket to enjoy at home.
Higgidy believe there is nothing better than homemade, which is why they bake their pies in small batches, fill them with ingredients just like you would use in your kitchen at home and finish every one by hand.