It has been something of a challenging couple of weeks here in The Mad House. I was not very well up on returning from our fantastic holiday in Florida (more on that to follow) and have had to spend some time in hospital. Christmas and my 40th Birthday have really had to take a back seat to me getting to a stage where I could be at home.
Being in hospital at this time of year really got me thinking about all the families who spend the festive season apart for whatever reason and for all the fantastic NHS staff that work over this time of year.
I have been so lucky that friends have been able to step in and collect the boys from school and feed them, enabling MadDad to visit me and ferry me around. I am so grateful for the support I received online, in addition to a dear friend even coming in to our house and making sure it was all clean and tidy for my return.
Christmas is not about the presents, it is about the presence.
It really is about the presence of people you love and care about. People that make your life shine and fill it with joy.
So I am not worrying about the reviews I need to write or other commitments I have, but I do want to say a few heartfelt thank you.
- Amazon Family for sending for fantastic gifts for the boys. Please do check out the Amazon Family facebook page for great deals.
- Waitrose for sending a Christmas Pud and other treats
- Rosetta Stone for sending make your own Christmas crackers and a subscription to learn French for the boys
- Leapfrog for sending a LeapPad Ultra, which will make Christmas for my friends children (She has been a star looking after my boys for me).
- A couple of PR’s for sending some fab board games including: Boom Boom Balloon, Ticket to Ride Europe, Wallace and Gromit Rocket Race Board Game, Disney Hedbanz Card Game and University Games Spot The Difference Tin, which have kept the boys and their friends occupied whilst I have been unwell. I can recommend them all.
- Kensington for sending MadDad a hardshell keyboard case for his new IPad Mini, which has meant all that waiting in hospital has been easier for him
- A PR for a fab hamper of Ainsley Winter Warmer Soup, perfect for a healing me and hungry Boys. They do not have to be refrigerated till opened and really nice.
- Blinkbox for the voucher so the boys could watch Despicable Me 2.
- Pets at Home for sending Alvin a Christmas Hamper
So I hope that you all have a wonderful festive period and have some great times with your families. I might be around over the holidays, but I am not sure. So Merry Christmas to all.
I hope you’re recovering well at home and you all have are ally wonderful Christmas (plus a belated and excellent 40th :)). xx
I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been well. I hope you’ll feel better soon to enjoy your holiday with your family!
Indeed, Christmas is all about presence, not presents. Hope you feel better now!
Hugs My lovely. I am so worried about you & been thinking of you. Take care my lovely. Big hugs to you & your wonderful family x
Merry Christmas and get well soon x
I do hope that you are properly on the mend now and that you all have a lovely time over the holidays. Juliex
Merry Christmas Jen, have a wonderful time with your family.
Presence is definitely what it’s about!
Sorry to hear you have been in hospital and unwell, I hope you are on the mend now. That presence not presents statement is so true. Hope you have a lovely Christmas x
Bloody hell woman, you keep life interesting, don’t you?