I am delighted to bring you this fabulous recipe for roasted sea bass in a parcel and competition in conjunction with Seafish who are running a campaign to promote the health benefits of Superfishoil and eating more fish this Summer.
Did you know that 96% of British adults don’t know how much omega 3 they should be getting in one week? Our bodies can’t produce omega 3 so we should be trying to eat fish and seafood twice a week. There are many health benefits: it boosts brain power, keeps hearts healthy, and maintains healthy blood pressure and eye site.
It’s so important to educate our kids about the health benefits and get them involved in cooking and enjoying fish and seafood dishes from a young age.
Both of my boys favorite fish is sea bass and I know that I am often concerned with how to cook it and to get the kids involved. Anything that cooks in a parcel is a hit with the boys and even better this only takes 15 minutes to cook and tastes amazing.
Roasted Sea bass in a parcel
2 x 15ml fresh basil
4 sea bass, fillets
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
16 cherry tomatoes
1 x 15ml spoon oil
Alternative Fish – Cod or Haddock
How to make Roasted Sea bass in a parcel
Chopping board, grater/zester, juicer, knife, shallow bowl, chopping board, spoon, knife, 4 foil containers.
1. Heat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6. (Adult)
2. Zest and juice the lemon.
3. Roughly chop the basil.
4. Mix the lemon zest and juice with basil. Pour this over the sea bass, cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into strips.
6. Place the tomatoes and peppers in 4 foil containers. Drizzle with a little oil.
7. Lay the sea bass on the vegetables.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
In the summer we also add vegetables from the garden that are in season, such as green beans, spinach, chard or peas.
In order to be in with a chance of winning a hamper of cooking goodies for you and the kids, can you provide us with your best tip on how to make cooking fish with kids fun?
Entry Deadline: 22nd August
Terms of Entry: Reply with your best tip in a comment on this blog post or in a Facebook comment or Tweet using the hashtag #superfishoil and tagging @fishisthedish and @muminthemadhouse to be in with a chance of winning. The winning tip will be picked at random from tips submitted on the blog and social channels. Some of Seafish’s favourite tips will also be published on the Fish is the Dish site.
- 1 lemon
- 2 x 15ml fresh basil
- 4 sea bass, fillets
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 15ml spoon oil
- Heat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6. (Adult)
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Roughly chop the basil.
- Mix the lemon zest and juice with basil. Pour this over the sea bass, cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into strips.
- Place the tomatoes and peppers in 4 foil containers. Drizzle with a little oil.
- Lay the sea bass on the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the summer we also add vegetables from the garden that are in season, such as green beans, spinach, chard or peas.