Do you remember making your own scratch paper when you were younger? Well I certainly do and it is great fun to make with your kids and perfect for Firework pictures too.
Whilst we were making the fireworks we talked about how dangerous they are close up, but how colourful and beautiful they are.
I love how the boys made a completely different picture from the same starting point.
How to make your own scratch paper
- Crayons or oil pastels
- Black tempura or acrylic paint
- Washing up liquid
- Foam applicator (you could use a paint brush)
- We all had so much fun colouring in our sheets of paper with crayons, making sure they were as colourful as possible.
- We then mixed the black paint with a good squirt of washing up liquid and used the sponge applicator to color the crayon.
- We applied a second coat on some of the sheets when the first one dried and then the sheets were ready to be used.
- For a matt finish use tempura paint and got a glossy finish acrylic is best.