Hopefully spring is on its way. This for me means that I start to think about spring cleaning. I do try to keep up with most cleaning tasks throughout the year, but there are a couple of things that I only do once or twice a year.
The weather this time of the year is pretty changeable, but we tend to change over our winter duvets and clean and store them and replace them with our spring/summer weight ones. I also pop an extra blanket or throw on the beds for when the nights are really cold and to help the transition from winter bedding to lighter weight bedding. Now is also the time to review the state of your bedding. Perhaps your duvet or pillows are starting to show their age and it would be more economical to replace them rather than clean them. So search online for Duvet and pillow warehouse promotional code and see if you can find vouchers that make the cost less expensive.
My local laundrette offers duvet and pillow cleaning and it is much less expensive than the local dry cleaners. It only takes a couple of days and the duvet comes back all ready for me to store in the airing cupboard. By having getting it done as soon as I swap it means that it is ready to go back on and I do not have to worry. I do this for our super king sized duvet cover.
The boys single duvets are OK to go in our washer, however, I need to wait for a blowy day, so they can be line dried.
Spring cleaning shores:
- Hoover the ceiling to remove any cobwebs
- Swap bed linen
- Clean the curtains (mine go in the wash and on the line)
- Clean the inside of the windows, first wiping down the frames (I use a solution of vinegar and water for this)
- Wipe down the doors, light switches and skirting boards
- Clean any pictures, both the glass and the tops of the frames
- Clean on top of doors and the door frame
- Vacuum under the bed, chest of drawers, bedside cabinet and dressing table
Due to the fact that I am removing cobwebs etc, I may make more dust, so I also do my regular cleaning in the bedroom too.
- Polish furniture
- Clean all mirrors (we have mirrored wardrobe doors)
- Dust light fittings and clocks
- Empty the bin
- Flip the mattress