My boys don’t often ask for toys, but have been interested in a Teksta Robotic Puppy for the last three years and due to poor reviews, I have managed to talk them out of it. So when we were offered the new Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.00 to review I thought we would see what the fuss is all about and if they are worth the £59.99 that they cost.
Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.0 Review – Is the new 5th generation Teksta Robotic Puppy really worth the £60 price tag? The Mad House puts it through its paces.
Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.0 Review
£60 for a plastic dog that yaps and you have to train, whoa, that is a lot of money! On getting the Teksta Robotic Puppy out of the box we were a little perplexed as to what we had to do as there were no instructions in our box. So we were running blind and I am going to admit that it stayed out for about 30 minutes and then the boys gave up! They downloaded the app and tried again about a week later and it didn’t do anything , so went into the cupboard. I was worried that we had a dodgy puppy, so changed all the batteries and tried again and was about to give it up for a bad job until we found the youtube videos and then we had an epiphany and had out puppy doing flips in under 5 minutes!
If you are going to get a Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.0, then the video is a must, plus we had our puppy trained in 5 minutes after watching this below!
What we liked about the Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.0:
- Once we had got the hang of how to train, the boys had so much fun with our Teksta Robotic Puppy, although I think that they are at the tiop of the age range for this. it is perfect for 7-10 year olds.
- You can turn it off simply!
- As a parent I loved the fact that is teaches kids patience and that they have to take the time to train their puppy.
- When you add the into the mix, it becomes even more fun as you can feed your puppy and teach him to dance.
- You get to know your puppy by his expression as you play more.
- The hand gestures work really well.
- The build quality seemed really good (this was an issue on previous versions).
- You can feed your puppy with the bone that comes with him or play with him with the ball which is also included.
We weren’t keen:
- We couldn’t tell if our puppy needed more training or was just defiant when he didn’t respond to our voice comments (perhaps he doesn’t understand northern)!
- Our Puppy had issues walking and sitting on our rugs, but worked OK on our wooden floors, but I was worried that he would damaged doing flips on the floor.
- The batteries didn’t last very long when you played with Teksta a lot. It would be perfect if you could recharge the dog overnight!
Overview of the Teksta Robotic Puppy 5.0
When you think a new video game often costs around £40, the £60 cost of the Puppy isn’t that high when you put it into perspective, especially for an interactive toy that response to voice, hand and the app. He comes with eye patterns that light up in different colors and you learn how Teksta is feeling, know when he’s hungry, wants to play or simply wants your loving attention.
It is a great toy for any child who is longing for their pwn puppy and has the patience to start training, which really is simple when you follow the video instructions.
In fact, you can pick up your own puppy for £55 at the moment on Amazon.
I can see these being hugely popular toys this year for Christmas. If your kid’s are not keen on the puppy, then there is also a toucan!
Disclosure: We were sent theTeksta Robotic Puppy 5.0 free for the purpose of this review