The Ultimate Affordable Gift for 5-year-olds to 9-year-olds is a paid collaboration with Banjo Robinson. Buying a good gift for children can be a real challenge, buying one that is affordable, fun, educational and engaging all year round sounds pretty much impossible doesn’t it? Especially when you don’t want to add to the pile of “stuff” that kids often have nowadays. So let me introduce you to the ultimate affordable gift for 5-year-olds to 9-year-olds and even better it is perfectly unisex and gives something every month of the year from £2 a month.
Banjo Robinson – The Global Explorer
Snail mail is so underrated and one of my favourite things as a child was having a pen pal and Banjo Robinson captures that excitement and builds on it not only with a personalised letter but also with an age-appropriate activity pack from a new country.
What is included in Each Month’s Subscription?
- A travelogue from Banjo
- Creative activities
- A country guide
- A reply page
- A reply envelope
- A colouring-in page
- A local recipe
- A local map
How does it work?
The first letter and starter pack your child receives will be sent from the Ocean as Bango Robinson travels to a new destination each month, for example, his January letter is from China, February is Canada, India is March, and Finland is April (but don’t worry it doesn’t repeat each year – Banjo has a lot of countries to travel to)!
Your starter pack and letter from the Ocean comes with a fabulous world map poster so your child can pop it on their wall and chart Bango’s monthly journey with the stickers that are included each month. It also comes with a colouring-in page, menu card, guide to the ocean and a blank letter and envelope for your child to write back to Bango (not to be posted, but for you to keep).
But that isn’t all. There are more activities online should you wish to extend the learning and free printables too.
Learn more about Banjo Robinson
Benefits for Your Child
- Makes writing fun – 9 out of 10 children write back to Bango each month and as a parent, you can expand on this as much as you wish.
- Boosts geography, literacy and maths skills by learning through play. Your child will be learning without even knowing by cooking a simple recipe, learning map skills and also simple crafts.
- Develop a love for offline learning with the monthly paper mail and stickers.
- There are additional online activities so you can expand on any interest your child shows.
- This would be excellent for any homeschooling family as it is a cost-effective and fun way of exploring the world.
For less than the cost of a monthly child magazine, they receive a letter every month. Banjo Robinson really is the gift that keeps on giving.
How much does it cost?
An annual subscription is £2 or $2.5 per month – Yes really! For this, you get the starter pack and a monthly letter/Activity pack.
However, if you want to give a physical gift AND a code for the starter pack there are additional options.
- For £16.99 you get a Banjo Robinson cuddly toy, complete with his signature backpack and star. Yes, his backpack opens so he can store his special treasures in it.
- £14.99 Gets you the Banjo Robinson book filled with his engaging back story.
- Or you can get both for £25.99 in their Banjo bundle!
I have two great nieces that are 5 years old and guess what they will be receiving from Aunty Jen this Christmas?!
Win a Banjo Robinson Subscription for a Year
I am delighted to be able to offer 4 of you a free year subscription (1 starter pack and 11 subsequent months letters) to Banjo Robinson. I really think that this is a fabulous gift that kids aged 5 to 9 will adore.Win a subscription to Banjo Robinson