My boys are mini thrill seekers and now both of them are over 140cm and can go on every ride at Thorpe Park, so we decided to arrive early for our #FrubesSleepover.
Top tips for getting the best out of Thorpe Park
This wasn’t our first visit to Thorpe Park and the boys had so much fun there when they were 7 and 8. So to say that they were excited for this visit was a real understatement.
10 Top tips for Thorpe Park
- Book your tickets online – the earlier you book the more you save. Plus you get the benefit of the one day rain guarantee.
- Consider staying onsite and check out the hotel deals, especially as you get free fast passes before 11am when you stay over.
- Check your kids height before you go. Make sure you avoid disappointment on the day by checking your child’s height, as long as they are over 1.2 meters there will be lots for them to enjoy.
- Buy a refillable soft drink cup to share on the day.The artificial beach and paddling pool is a great place to relax mid afternoon, so take a towel and costume for the kids.
- You can hire a large locker for just £1, great for storing those spare clothes and towels!
- Get there early and plan which rides you most want to go on and get to them first.The most popular rides are Swarm, Saw, Colossus, Nemesis and Stealth, so head to those as soon as the gates open to beat the first queues or look at getting a fast pass for those rides.
- Thorpe Park closes its queues, not its rides, at the scheduled closing time. This is important as it means you can join the queue just prior to the closing time, and still be allowed to ride.
- Take a change of clothes or keep some £1 coins for the dryers if you hate wet clothes as you will get soaking wet on the water rides!
- Book your car parking ticket online or get it first thing in the morning (it is included if you are staying overnight).
- Make sure you have a ziplock bag to put your mobile phone in for the water rides.
Over two days my boys went on pretty much every ride and had an absolute blast. They would run from one ride to the next and we would catch them up! Thorpe park really is the perfect place for adrenaline junkies, especially ones over 140cm’s.
When we went it was glorious weather and the beach and water rides were packed, but it is great to let the kids unwind in the splash area. Both of the boys enjoyed the flumes and chutes at Amity Beach. We made sure we headed for Angry Bords 4D movie at the hight of the midday sun.
The whole family enjoyed I’m a celebrity get me out of here! maze, even me who hasn’t seen a single episode!
Thorpe Park really is the perfect theme park for tweens and teens, but all is not lost if you have younger children in your group as there are a number of rides that are suitable for them too.
Disclosure: We were gifted tickets in exchange for this post