For the last three years we have made sure that when we pack up the Christmas decorations that we pack an Advent Box. This box contains things we might need before we actually get all the decorations down and decorate the house.
- A selection of Christmas and Advent books. I add to our books each year and we have a selection ranging from the story of advent to sticker books and activity books. There is something special about being all snuggled up whilst MadDad reads Tolkien’s Letters from Father Christmas.
- Our favorite Christmas movies – The Polar Express, Santa Buddies, Elf, Christmas on 34th Street, The Grinch and many more.
- Some Christmas craft items – Including confetti, ribbon, buttons, stamps and papers.
- Our Elf on the Shelf.
- Our Advent calendars – We have rather a large number of advent calenders now and I love each and every one of them.
- Our Advent candle – We love burning an advent candle each year. It is a tradition that helps us think about the light that we need to focus on at this time of year.
This year our advent box is even more important as we will not be back from the US until the second week of Advent. Do you have a special box set aside for Advent?