My boys know no fear, they are mini thrill seekers and love visiting theme parks, but being eight and nine, means that they are not tall enough to go on a lot of the rides, but they really enjoyed Thorpe Park and could happily spend a couple of days at a time there!
Top tips for a great day out at Thorpe Park
- Get there before opening time. The smallest queues are at the beginning and end of the day, so take advantage of this for the bigger rides
- Check your height before you go. Make sure you avoid disappointment on the day by checking your child’s height, as long as they are over 1.2 meters there will be lots for them to enjoy.
- You will get wet on the water rides including your feet.
- The artificial beach and paddling pool is a great place to relax mid afternoon, so take a towel and costume for the kids.
- If you only have a day it is worth investing in fast track passes. Who wants to spend most of their day in a queue?
- You can hire a large locker for just £1, great for storing those spare clothes and towels!
- If you want photo’s of you and the kids on the rise, buy a pass that gets you four for £12, a saving of over £15 on them individually.
- Buy a refillable soft drink cup to share on the day.
- There are plenty of food outlets, but they do tend to be quite expensive, so my advice would be to pack a picnic
- Check out our previous review’s of Thorpe Park for 7 and 8 year olds, our post on things to check out before visiting Thorpe Park and the Thorpe Park Pinterest Board before visiting
Win £250 with The Mad House and #SunFessions
The Sun + are offering you the chance to get your hands on two tickets for Thorpe Park Resort worth up to £99 by signing up to The Sun+ for a £1 month’s trial of their subscription and then a subsequent month at under £8.67 so a saving of over £80.
To support the #Sunfession campaign, I also have £250 to give away to you lovely blog readers to spend at Thorpe Park. All you need to do is log in to Twitter or Instagram account and retell a hilarious awful thing you have done to your kids. Don’t forget to include #Sunfession and #muminthemadhouse . Hit tweet or post, and then visit the Sun site to see your #Sunfession appear.