I am passionate about the fact that I want my boys to grow up with great skills in the kitchen and instill in them a love of cooking and also provide them with some fabulous staple meals. These Veggie Taco Bowls are so simple to make and are really filling and nutritious.
We are working with Uncle Ben’s in the run up to International Cook With Your Kids Day on 15th October 2016 to highlight their fantastic Ben’s Beginners cooking hub.
Veggie Taco Bowls
- 1 250g package Uncle Ben’s® Mexican Style Express Rice®
- 6 20cm Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 can (400g) no-salt added Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 3/4 can (340g) no-salt added Corn, drained
- 1/2 can (400g) no-salt added Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 60 g Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Optional Thinly Sliced Avocado, Chopped Coriander, Chopped Olives
How to make Veggie Taco Bowls
This is a really versatile make and once you have the basics down, you can adjust it and change it. We have also added mixed chopped peppers and it was delicious.
Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle 6 corn tortillas in the space between the cups to form a “bowl. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C until firm and beginning to brown, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Cook Uncle Ben’s® rice according to directions on the pack. While the rice is still warm, transfer to a large pan and mix in black beans, corn and tomatoes
Fill the shells with the rice and bean mixture then top with cheese.
Share with all the family and tuck in!
What was the last thing you cooked with your children?