Advent is for me the best part of Christmas, the anticipation, the buildup and the meaning and these 24 DIY Numbered Advent Candles are a great way for me to take time out of the day and celebrate my own countdown to Christmas.
I LOVE Advent Candles, the light and joy they bring through December is amazing and a family tradition we have adopted, even though we are not all that great at it. We tend to forget and the next thing you know it is the 13th and not the 7th!
Last year we had a special jar with a candle holder lid that we loved, but it got dropped when I put it away and with everything that has been going on this year I havent managed to get a replacement. So I decided to make my own.
How to make your own DIY 24 Numbered Advent Candles
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will make a small commission (hopefully enough to keep me in tea all year) – at no extra cost to you! This allows me to keep creating and sharing free tutorials for you to try. Thank you!
- 24 Chime sized Advent Candles (UK Link/US Link)
- Candleholder Mine was from Lillian Daph and you can get the candleholder and the matches here
- Glass tumbler or glass Mine was from Asda
- Countdown to Christmas Printable (optional)
- Acrylic Pen or outdoor Pen (UK Link/US Link)
- Christmas Matches from Lillian Daph and you can get the candleholder and the matches here
The best thing about this is that it is a super simple to make and you will enjoy throughout December. To make these advent calendar candles, you only need charm or tree sized candles and acrylic or outdoor pen and then a candlestick to put the candle in.
Last year I burned my candle twice during the day, at breakfast on my own and then in the evening at dinner as they last about one and a half hours.
There is something really calming and uplifting about candle light.
Check out our other Advent Candles and Calendars:
- Advent Calendar Activities with Free Printable
- Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar Printable
- Must-Have Advent Calendars for Tots to Teens
- Advent and Christmas Books to Treasure at Any Age
- Great Kids books for Advent and Christmas
- Scandi Style DIY Advent Calendars
- Ferm Living Inspired DIY Advent Candle
- Wonderful Ways to Celebrate Advent
- Make an Advent Candle or wreath