So you have dried your oranges, what do you do with them?
Well I wanted to make wreaths for my nearest and dearest, so I bought some decorative cinnamon from the florists and set to making and creating.
It was very simple. I picked up the wreath for less than a pound at Tesco. I also used cinnamon, florists wire, ribbon and some wooden cuts pouts I purchased from Paper and String. They look great and smell delicious too.
I also made a selection of ornaments too:
Other uses for dried orange slices
- Make seasonal potpori
- Fill a jar with them for a table center peice
- use them to decoprate wrapped presents
- Make bunting by adding to popcorn and cranberry strings (great for outdoor trees)
- Thread through florists wire to make a wreath
- Use to decorate napkin rings
What a lovely thing to make for your family and friends…I bet they smell amazing too!
I dried loads of oranges slices a couple of weeks ago and they have been sitting in the kitchen as I haven’t had any time to decide what to do with them! I like your wreaths very much. I was going to make tree or hanging decorations with them but I do like the idea of using them to decorate parcels. You’ve inspired me to get cracking! x