Buttons make a great craft material and these 20 adorable button crafts for kids are a great way of recycling them. Yes they say for kids but there are some cute and colourful craft ideas that I want to make as an adult! There is something magical about Buttons. I remember spending hours when I was young with my Mum’s button tin. I used to sort them and play with them and just love looking at them, wondering where they had come from. Lots of the buttons were her mums before her.
I also make sure that I remove the buttons before I throw anything away which means that you end up with lots of buttons and nothing to put them on. That’s going to change, as I’ve gathered together some lovely projects that will deplete your excess button inventory! Some of the projects are easy for kids, but there are a few difficult crafts you may want to make yourself.
I now have my Mum’s collection of buttons and often add to it. My boys have spent hours in the past playing with them and we use them regularly for crafting. Hot glue is a great way of fixing buttons.
One of the favorite things we made was our apple button canvas which made a great teachers gift and you could also do it on a card. If you have some precious buttons then why not turn them in to a button bracelet.
20 More Adorable Button Crafts for Kids
- Starfish Ocean Craft For Kids That’s Cute As A Button from alittlepinchofperfect.com
- Button Tree: A Beautiful Canvas Project Full Of Vibrant Colors from craftsbyamanda.com
- Simple Button Fish Craft For Kids from iheartcraftythings.com
- Ladybug Button Art Craft from easypeasyandfun.com
- Easy Button Heart Craft For Kids from carrieelle.com
- Monster Buttons from persialou.com
- Easy Summer Button Activity & Free Printable from acultivatednest.com
- Kids Craft: Button Art from simplydesigning.porch.com
- DIY Owl with buttons from aspectacledowl.com
- Button Stick Tree Craft For Kids from hellowonderful.co
- Button Flowers Canvas from easypeasyandfun.com
- DIY Wall Art Using Buttons (with Printable Template) from makeanddocrew.com
- DIY Burlap Button Flower Garden Wall Art from artsycraftsymom.com
- How To Make A Button Necklace from ohohblog.com
- Snazzy Jazzy Button Bracelets from kidscraftroom.com
- Candy Corn Button Art from repeatcrafterme.com
- Preschool Craft: Felt Button Flower Magnets from kidsactivitiesblog.com
- Button Pumpkin Craft from sugarbeecrafts.com
- Button Owl Art from repeatcrafterme.com
- Button Caterpillar Craft from divinelifestyle.com
There really are some beautiful crafts that use buttons of all sizes and they really are a fabulous and frugal craft material that comes in all colours, shapes, sizes and textures.
Do make sure that you share with us any of the crafts that you use buttons on and we can link to them too.